03-04 Cobra IRS Springs for Mark VIII

98BLKLSC

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting to do more and more looking to get my Mark VIII more prepared for Autocross.

Most all of the Thunderbird springs have been discontinued or are just crap in general.

I know the IRS in the 03-04 Cobra was similar to our cars, but what I'm really wondering are if the springs would work.

I understand the Cobra has a spring/strut front suspension unlike our coilover / airbag style.

I guess the overall question is: Are the 03-04 Cobra springs similar dimensions as the Thunderbird springs?

If anyone has a set by chance or can figure it out, I'd be more than thankful!

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/vogt-953058.html

These are what I'm using in mine, and WOW.

I have looked at the Vogtlands. I was hoping to find a linear springs as progressive springs don't really help a lot for what I'm doing.

The 03-04 Cobra has plenty of options, if only they fit. I have a spare set of front shocks, maybe I can buy a cheap set of Cobra springs and see if it works.

EDIT: I would check TCCoA but someone forgot to pay their hosting dues.... :D

Sapp I thought the 1.6" drop vogtlands were discontinued??

I dunno Kevin, I scored these for $16 for all 4 off a JYed Bird SC.

I have the actuators for all 4 corners to have ARC shocks. I was going to use the original system that controlled the rear shocks and add 2 circuits to wire up a pair of front actuators... Then, use the brake pressure switch that used to firm the shocks and put it on a switch to manually control a firm/soft ride system. There are lots of options for that. You could wire it into the circuit that lowers the car at highway speed and make that turn on firm ride. Tokico illuminas are amazing, yet very expensive.

Picking up a set of stock, used 03-04 Cobra IRS spring (set of 4). We'll see if I can make them work and answer the age old question of "they should work".

Members online

No members online now.
Back