What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I did receive a Shifter handle, black, usps. That will be going in this weekend depending on weather for the Mark VIII!
---
look like you expected? you found the staple? I also have the black center console from the 94, without box top, ....so maybe it's worthless, idk...also have eatc/stereo black bezel iirc
usps= 1/2 fed ex shipping rates

---
look like you expected? you found the staple? I also have the black center console from the 94, without box top, stereo, ....so maybe it's worthless, idk...also have eatc black bezel iirc
usps=fed ex shipping rates

Looks better then expected! I'm going to clean it up a bit before I install it. Thank's for the handle and eatc! There perfect for the center console area. Will make everything look factory fresh once again. Going to the fabric store tomorrow and get a chunk of black leather for another shifter boot and going to experiment with the old blue crusty handle....see if I can re-wrap it.

PM me some pics of that center console whenever you get a chance!

Will someone answer the dang phone!!

20131010_151910.jpg

Why do those only have 4 slots? I thought they had more then that?

Good question and I don't know as that is the first set of Brakemotive rotors I have had. My WRX has a lot more but they are also 14.5" diameter so :confused:

Changed to oil and lubed the front end. Also checked the fr suspension (noise) and I believe the tie rod is shot. I picked up moogs wholesale from Rockauto last year so time to utilize those and get both sides done.

Oh, I tightened the radiator hose clamps that like to drip when its cold out too.

Doesn't look like i'll be getting to the brake lines or radiator this fall cause with my luck the tr replacement will lead to a front end rebuild. :(

looks better than the one i sent...how'd you do that? glad you likey

Part on the top that looked like worn leather was only dirt, (cleaned and polished). The dent...I inserted cotton between the leather with a small tool till it filled the dent and now it's perfect once again. I should have took pics of filling the dent but I didn't.

Your before pic.

shifter handle.jpg

Import shop I use to tune my WRX has one of those but never wanted to go through the crap of pulling my Mark into the place.

On the Caddy side of things I just posted on the Fleetwood thread a 4986 mile Fleetwood Brougham that we just picked up :cool:
image.jpg
They have been chasing the car for 20 some years and do to death in the cars family it got parked outside next to a bush for a while :(

image.jpg

Honestly, if I had it to do over I would have cut them. There are so many spot welds on the fender lips it makes it a royal pain to roll.

Import shop I use to tune my WRX has one of those but never wanted to go through the crap of pulling my Mark into the place.

On the Caddy side of things I just posted on the Fleetwood thread a 4986 mile Fleetwood Brougham that we just picked up :cool:
View attachment 828462918
They have been chasing the car for 20 some years and do to death in the cars family it got parked outside next to a bush for a while :(

Dude that looks exactly like my old Caddy. What a turd mine was, 0-60 in 7.2 ....minutes. at least I only paid $1 for mine. sold it it to a guy at the scrap yard for $1000 a week later. I was just gonna junk it, but one of the employees really wanted it because it was the 5.0 model -shrug-

Dude that looks exactly like my old Caddy. What a turd mine was, 0-60 in 7.2 ....minutes. at least I only paid $1 for mine. sold it it to a guy at the scrap yard for $1000 a week later. I was just gonna junk it, but one of the employees really wanted it because it was the 5.0 model -shrug-
We'll aside from it having under 5000 miles on it since new, I just found out who owned it. Turns out it my Drivers Ed teacher from High School back in the late 80's :shifty:

Guess he didn't drive much did he :confused:

Tried again to install the new blower motor resistor, old one melted where the green plug goes in. Got it to work for a minute, then when I put the glove box back up it only blew out of the front defroster. So pissed. It's such a simple repair and it's getting hot down here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back