Hopefully back on the road for winter

sweetride

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Was sitting in my car in the garage doing a mental inventory of things i need to fix before i take it off the wheel skates , been stored for a little less than 2 years . Drivers door handle broken , needs replacing . Passenger door handle was broken , replaced with nos part at dealership . Trunk release not working , had key cut at dealership . Hood latch won't release , can't get hood open , not sure how to tackle that just yet . Fuel door release button broke , taped for now , need new button . It's a 87 k 96 pearl white on black lsc . I stuck it in the back corner of my garage a few years ago thorougly pissed after breaking the drivers door handle a day after finding i couldn't get the hood open to add washer fluid .

LincolnLsc001.jpg

Nice color combo! Then again mostly anything on black interior is cool..are those halogen lenses? Hard to tell from the pic. Post some more pics once you get it out of storage.

Headlites are crap , if they're halogen they're junk . I've been following that recent thread about hid upgrades , interesting .

I got the car off the wheel skates and sitting outside in the driveway . Worked on the hood today , was able to get the jammed latch to release , removed the latch and drilled the hood for pins .

LincolnMark8002.jpg

LincolnMark8008.jpg

No clear lenses so probably not halogens

LincolnMark8004.jpg

Immaculate black interior

LincolnMark8011.jpg

LincolnMark8012.jpg

Drilled for hood pins

LincolnMark8006.jpg

This is the piece of chrome i need , starting to peel , if you have one please let me know .

LincolnMark8013.jpg

Car looks good..but what the f*ck did you put hood pins on for?? you just ruined a perfectly good hood for something that is totally unnecessary..fix the latch or put a different one on and it would have been juust fine. hood pins on an otherwise stock car stick out like a sore thumb.

Duuuuude!

That WAS a very clean car. And I bet you could've just lubed up the latch. Jesus..

Guys , it's my winter driver . I live in a border city , when crossing that border i have to have 100% confidence that my trunk lid or hood will open when a customs officer wants to check the car . There will be a lot more than 2 little holes drilled in that hood if the sob won't open .
At least twice over the years i've had that hood latch worked on , when it jammed the last time i stuck the car in the garage for a couple of years , just dragging it back out this week .
Ruined the hood ? It's glass , a little resin/cloth/paint and it's as good as new if i ever decide to put an oem latch back on . Pins stick out on a stock car ? Crap , most people don't even know wtf the car is , they walk around it , see Lincoln on the front bumper and go wtf , a 2 door Lincoln ???

This is my summer driver , 1 of 305 ZY 2000 GT verts

SaleenWheels001.jpg

SaleenWheels013.jpg

You chose a Mark as your winter beater....

I'll be putting my Mark and SHOs away for the winter and driving a rusted out '97 Tercel

The stang is nice..for someone who owns a car like that I'd think you would fix something as simple as a hood latch the right way by either replacing it or cleaning it..rather than drilling holes into the hood?? I can honestly say for the 12 years I've been driving I've never had a hood malfunction..deffinetly not something that occurs all the time..you must have bad luck with yours or something. Id rather not spend $500 give or take on repainting a hood when the car is only worth $3k to start with.

As far as a winter beater goes, I think I'd choose something a bit..how can I put it..sh*ttier. Most people on this site take good care if their mark viiis and STORE it in the winter instead of use it strictly as winter transportation. It would be like someone joining a mustang forum and posting that they are mounting some studded snow tires on their nice terminator cobra to get it ready for winter duty..you'd probably get a few "wtf's". So now you can probably understand where we are coming from when we see someone drill holes in a hood and use a clean (and rare) 96 LSC as a winter beater.

I understand where y'all are coming from , this car is no winter beater , i look after it . There is no rust anywhere , i've always kept it undercoated . Unfortunately it still has next to no resale value . Lots of very nice cars are winter driven here and i get to drive my Lincoln . Plans were to eventually sensor lower the Mark , 03 Cobra wheels/hub swap , cowl hood , gears and Cobra style under irs catback . Not sure when i'll get that done .

These guys do my undercoating ;

oilguard2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back