411 for POLISH (Step 2) on a BLACK LS's...(Tried, Tested & True)

Dino'sLSdeuce

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: It's time for me to seek guidance from any and all about... Polishes, Polishing types and Polishing (do's & don'ts) :confused:

I'm planning (within' the next month or so) to try something different from what I've normally done when detailing my car's -Paint.
...let's skip the thorough washing, clay barring and other preliminary "prepping" checklists and get right to the, POLISH (Step 2).

I've normally used either 3M Imperial Hand Glaze -or- Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish. So while planning my "attack" list ... :why:
I came across (online) about an old polish product (still available), but haven't delved into finding more product info/experiences about it.

Liquid Glass (LG-100) Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish​

...with the few comments I've came across about "Liquid Glass"; the consensus is 98% of those who've tried it -noticed a huge difference.
So I'd like to hear from others here @LVC and whether if you have your own opinion regarding this "Liquid Glass" (specifically as a polish)
or I'd like to hear about what (tried and true) polish products you've stuck with and/or any other info you'd care to share with us and all ?

Liquid Glass 411.jpg

Thanks for you read and time, to help teach (me) an experienced "old dog" -a new trick; which happened to be an oldie but goodie, from my era.

Liquid Glass 411.jpg

It is a great sealant, so it will work like wax. It will not remove imperfections though, so the "polish" part is really misleading.

I like optimum hyper polish. It works great with a medium cutting pad and a polishing pad. It doesn't stain trim either. I always follow with opti seal and ocw. My customers love it.

First of all, what machine are you using? Random orbital, or rotary?

As has been said above, Liquid Glass is technically a sealant (synthetic wax), not a polish (abrasive). If you're thinking of using it, I definitely recommend polishing first. Natural carnauba waxes tend to hide defects, but most sealants don't have this property and can make minor swirls more noticeable.

If you're just starting out, I recommend getting an orbital polisher. They're a lot more forgiving than a rotary, and more than enough for minor swirls and imperfections. You want to remove the swirls while removing as little clear coat as possible.

I use Menzerna polishes. I've found their polishes pretty easy to work with (dusty, but the residue cleans up easily). I use Lake Country CCS pads.

I recommend starting with the Super Intensive Polish with the orange pad and finishing the Super Finish with the white pad. You can move up to a more aggressive pad (e.g. Super Finish with the orange pad or Super Intensive with the yellow pad) if you need a little more cutting action. Once you're done, make sure you clean the car thoroughly to remove all polish residue before applying wax/sealant.

These are what I use, but they're not the only products on the market. Technique, patience and attention to detail matter more than brand name. Good luck.

Well, since we're completely guessing as to the scope, take a look at:

www.detailingbliss.com

This is a topic that goes well beyond a single post by anyone. A VERY basic guide can also be found here:

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Instead of me typing out all the basics, take a look at least at the autogeek tips. Then come here with any specific questions you may have.

Members online

Back