Cold Air intake

Ghost_Ls8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone out there has the K and N cold air intake on their Ls , I was thinking of getting the KN 57 2562 all opinions welcome

Lots of members have this on their cars, I'd say it is the most popular modification. Worth the money imo.

Yea I figured , cause I knw they sell the metal version of it for 200 at my job but that one is less horsepower gain compared to the other one so they say

Get the intake with the plastic intake tube
More hp
Looks better (my opinion)
Dont have to worry about scratches

Yea I was leaning toward that one , I might even dip the intake lower cause it gets so hot in the engine bay

I have both an 04 and 06 should be the samething for the 06 right ?

Same part number so it should work. It might be the way the picture is angled.

You will LOVE the new sound your car makes. Such a sexy purr. :)

Once I get it , I ll hit u up , might not be for awhile, My friend is gonna get the metal one of the k and n in two weeks he ordered it from job , so I ll send u a vid of that

IMAG0132_edit1.jpgMotor#1.jpg
One is the metal one my friend getting and I want the plastic one cause it supposedly gains 15.98 hp but im hoping for at least 5 lol

IMAG0132_edit1.jpg

Motor#1.jpg

No I wish , I work for carquest and can order parts at discount from them, the metal one originally cost 400 I get it for 200 , but u can get it from ebay or other stores for close to that, I just like that I can get anything automotive at a pretty good discount

Here is a pic of the chrome k&n set up

No I wish , I work for carquest and can order parts at discount from them, the metal one originally cost 400 I get it for 200 , but u can get it from ebay or other stores for close to that, I just like that I can get anything automotive at a pretty good discount

Hey here is a pic of the chrome one. I also have a video check the link out on youtubeof how it sounds the car has a nice boost now I also had my exhaust done magnaflow

http://youtu.be/t2RJPDBQ6lA

image.jpg

Here is a video of my magnaflow exhaust.

Nice bro i like it thanks

I did this quick video after I got my exhaust done I Flores the petal to the floor I hit around 75. I. Wish I would off recorded when I raced a Volkswagon g32 I stopped at a light and he steped on the gas so I ignored him so then we stopped at another light I we both went at it and off course I smoked him, I tought those cars were quicker.

http://youtu.be/eo0MNPx4P-8

image.jpg

No I had them cut from the beginning of the resonators and ran straight pipe

Members online

Back