My 06 Progress

Sweet! Info on the calipers? Looks like you got that burnt copper you were talking about in an earlier post.

Sweet! Info on the calipers? Looks like you got that burnt copper you were talking about in an earlier post.

Yea I went with the VHT burnt copper engine paint. I cleaned the calipers on the car but apart as I could get them. I used simple green, brake cleaner, small wire brushes, and paint thiner or any alcohol based cleaner to get them good and clean. I then used 2 coats grey engine primer 3 coats of burnt copper and 2 coats of high temp engine clear. Just took my time cleaning and prepping. Really happy with it all.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, she is comin along.

Yea I went with the VHT burnt copper engine paint. I cleaned the calipers on the car but apart as I could get them. I used simple green, brake cleaner, small wire brushes, and paint thiner or any alcohol based cleaner to get them good and clean. I then used 2 coats grey engine primer 3 coats of burnt copper and 2 coats of high temp engine clear. Just took my time cleaning and prepping. Really happy with it all.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, she is comin along.
Great! Thank you for the info. I really like this color because it seems to resemble the GTR brembo color (you may have mentioned this earlier). And I can't seem to find the picture now, but that color looks sick on white as well.
GTRR35_zps67e10d54.jpg

This color is a very strong candidate for my Jag big brakes.

My only concern is that VHT only claims resistance up to 650 degrees for that engine paint, while they claim up to 900 degrees for their caliper paint. And of course they don't have this color in their caliper paint line. Please keep me posted on how the paint holds up over the next few weeks.

Thanks Alax. Your car has always been a favorite of mine, just wish white came with black interior.

mlara. So far the paint seems to be doing fine. I have used various engine paints with pretty good success. I think for the type of driving I do this paint will be just fine. Ill let you know once I have some more miles on them and have the brakes really broken in.

Cool. White with black interior would be nice, but I got use to the dove gray now.

I really like the copper orange too. I am so indecisive on what color to do mine. I will have them powder coated so I want to make sure I don't regret my color choice. Got any more pics of your calipers a little more exposed?

Need to replace the water pump very soon. I was going to order a motorcraft pump to the tune of $105 but they have bosch and a few other brands on rock auto that are half the damn price. Thoughts. I like to lean towards OEM, but these days it is seeming like the aftermarket and the OEM are getting closer in quality.

Members online

No members online now.
Back