Hey guys.

The LS has horrible stupid issues, if you still choose to be blind to it like others here then by all means. The LX platform has it flaws, but it doesnt eat coils, destroy its own cooling system, and have a transmission that ****s itself. Theres a reason i bought a second vehicle.
no vision problem here bro.

but my dads wife retired from Chrysler so that's all she will drive...

their brand new 2011 charger had to have a front ball joint replaced, the rear end started howling like a dog in heat and had to be rebuilt, and had a "defective" oil pan gasket that needed to be replaced so it would stop leaking oil all over the garage. had to trade that turd in with about 13k miles and got a 2012 hemi max charger.

the 2012 had a bad rattle in the rear suspension that two trips to the dealer couldn't find, one of those time it spent over a whole week at the dealer because the smart keys would not be recognized, after having problem with the touch screen stop working when it get very hot which made it real hard to turn on the AC in the summer, they decided to trade that turd in as well.

so far the 2013 ram is doing much better, the only problem it has had in its first thousand miles is twice after starting it the rotatory gear shifter would not respond and not allow you to shift gears.

never with either of my two LS's have I had that many problems in under 25K miles total

no vision problem here bro.

but my dads wife retired from Chrysler so that's all she will drive...

their brand new 2011 charger had to have a front ball joint replaced, the rear end started howling like a dog in heat and had to be rebuilt, and had a "defective" oil pan gasket that needed to be replaced so it would stop leaking oil all over the garage. had to trade that turd in with about 13k miles and got a 2012 hemi max charger.

the 2012 had a bad rattle in the rear suspension that two trips to the dealer couldn't find, one of those time it spent over a whole week at the dealer because the smart keys would not be recognized, after having problem with the touch screen stop working when it get very hot which made it real hard to turn on the AC in the summer, they decided to trade that turd in as well.

so far the 2013 ram is doing much better, the only problem it has had in its first thousand miles is twice after starting it the rotatory gear shifter would not respond and not allow you to shift gears.

never with either of my two LS's have I had that many problems in under 25K miles total

All cars can have issues. New cars will have defects. Im more concerend with how a car holds up in the long run. And you know the LS has way too many issues, and there are a hell of a lot more LX platform cars on the road. The main issues with those cars are suspension. I rather deal with that over misfires and coils. I used to defend the LS but its just too much and too few of them. I probably will sell it in the near future and get something like a G37.

All cars can have issues. New cars will have defects. Im more concerend with how a car holds up in the long run. And you know the LS has way too many issues, and there are a hell of a lot more LX platform cars on the road. The main issues with those cars are suspension. I rather deal with that over misfires and coils. I used to defend the LS but its just too much and too few of them. I probably will sell it in the near future and get something like a G37.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I just had to change out a brake light bulb. 58000 miles and I still have the original headlight bulbs. How many 2011 or newer Japanese or German cars have I seen with a headlight out? Many! Its not always the manufacturers. It most often is the manufacturing process. Remember the Mercedes problem with the tail lights?

I must be one of the lucky ones. I just had to change out a brake light bulb. 58000 miles and I still have the original headlight bulbs. How many 2011 or newer Japanese or German cars have I seen with a headlight out? Many! Its not always the manufacturers. It most often is the manufacturing process. Remember the Mercedes problem with the tail lights?

Ditto. The 2000 had some growing pains, but the 06s have been just as reliable as any other car we've owned.

thats weird because my car didnt start to have all the normal LS problems till after 100K, that to me is pretty reliable. unlike having to keep taking brand new cars in to get fixed.

I have a question guys , my friend is at 101k on his 04 v8 ls and he went to get a trans and radiator flush and they told him that he shouldnt get it cause it will mess up the trans and also which spark plugs should he get , I wrk at carquest so I get all of it on discount

I have a question guys , my friend is at 101k on his 04 v8 ls and he went to get a trans and radiator flush and they told him that he shouldnt get it cause it will mess up the trans and also which spark plugs should he get , I wrk at carquest so I get all of it on discount

There are cases that if the trans wasn't serviced for 100k and when you do a trans flush bad things could follow. One of the reliable answer I have is that the new fluid which has new detergents could rapidly eat up the old clutches. Dropping the pan and replacing the filter is good enough in this case.

Just use the standard motorcraft plugs.

I don't see any issues with radiator or coolant flush at this mileage, in fact it is recommended.

Appreciate the quick response , he was thinking ngk double platinum or iriduim for the plugs

... they told him that he shouldnt get it cause it will mess up the trans ...

They were wrong and right. They are wrong that a correct fluid exchange will only do good for the transmission, not harm. They were right in that they would probably harm the transmission if they don't know this. It is well worth paying a little extra to take it to a Ford/Lincoln dealer and get them to do the fluid exchange with the correct machine, using the correct transmission fluid.

... which spark plugs should he get , I wrk at carquest so I get all of it on discount

NGK BKR5EGP or FR5AP-11E or IFR5E-11
Measure and adjust the gap of each as needed. The gap needs to be 1mm. Read up on how to measure and set the gap on these, as they are easy to damage.

Alright will tell him to check at the dealership , and thanks thats what I was thinking with the plugs

Members online

Back