Haven't seen this on here yet... Custom Hood

rebel_69_27

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I've been going through ideas and ways to customize and make it... well different, it seems everyone that customizes their Ls ends up just doing the same thing, and understandable there's few options and hey it looks good... but I do Like things that aren't the same, been trying to look into customizing a front bumper and hood and getting ideas, such as the hood that was once started being a heat extractor type, which i think would fit the style... never came across a finished product of that tho.... But anyways so I was getting ideas and I came across this actual custom hood someone had for their Ls and haven't seen it on here.... What are your guys' thoughts? I dont know if I fully like it but to an extent it looks alright, and its DIFFERENT... just thought Id share if no one else saw...

lsscoop.jpg

lsscoop3.jpg

What about vents/heat extractors like on 03/04 svt cobras

the only custom hood thing i saw was the forward hood and i myself like it, ive always wanted it even in my grand amm days , but egh lol

I'm not sure if I like it with the white....I think if it was a black car it would look killer.

Yea its still up on autotrader. Theres more pics too so ill post the link. And i agree the color would make a difference but i think it would look different if he didnt have the grille surround painted black. I dont care for that part. There was someone who was asking about photoshopping a bmw hood (extraction type) but didnt get much response but i do think it would look sweet.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...INC[LSLINCOLN[]][]]&listingId=350243651&Log=0

I do like the hood, but the rear bumper is terrible!

and at least that wood dash kit could be pulled off...

That does not even come close to flowing with the cars lines.

I do like the 03/04 Cobra vent idea though.

My son wondered how hard it would be to adapt a Shaker to the engine cover.

My son wondered how hard it would be to adapt a Shaker to the engine cover.

Probably could be done, but it would be looks only and wouldn't, without considerable modification/fabrication, function.

Probably could be done, but it would be looks only and wouldn't, without considerable modification/fabrication, function.

But not impossible. Air flow probably wouldn't be the greatest with the way the ducting would have to be routed.

But not impossible. Air flow probably wouldn't be the greatest with the way the ducting would have to be routed.

Definitely not!! It would even probably look 'right'. I'm sure it would be easier to route the airflow on a Gen1 than a Gen2.

A shaker hood. On an LS. I think some of you own the wrong type of car. LOL

Interesting. Looks like a shaker hood has been done on an LS so there's no need to wonder how it would look. And, the one who did it was apparently a member here, as my search tagged LVC as where the pic was found.

ShakerHD_LS.jpg

I like the idea of the 03-04 cobra heat extractors too. Still not sure how well it would flow with the rest of the body though.

I like the idea of the 03-04 cobra heat extractors too. Still not sure how well it would flow with the rest of the body though.
from the one guy that started it, it actually fit really well with the raised section of our hoods.

I have always wanted longer heat extractors further back on the hood. pretty much exactly like the 13 pony.

I think some of you own the wrong type of car. LOL

I couldn't agree with you any more, but ford kinda screwed us, if they were smart, they would have continued to to make a nicer car that shares a lot with their sports car. hopefully they will remedy that with the next generation coming up...

2015 mustang

from the one guy that started it, it actually fit really well with the raised section of our hoods.

I have always wanted longer heat extractors further back on the hood. pretty much exactly like the 13 pony.

I couldn't agree with you any more, but ford kinda screwed us, if they were smart, they would have continued to to make a nicer car that shares a lot with their sports car. hopefully they will remedy that with the next generation coming up...

The 2015 Mustang is going to be a radical change and do the race car/sports car attempt.

If rollin would ever get back with me... we MAY have something in the works for everyone... IF he would get back with me

Members online

Back