What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

The following errors occurred with your submission
Markviiiedrea has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

May have to call you :)

taking my green 94 when i go test drive a nice red 1st gen with snowflakes thats still on air later it dont have the year on the window but their asking 1995 for it ill take pics of the red mark for you guys when i test drive it

Plated, Insured then drove her like I stole her. Nothing like riding on air.

and took a pic of where the my old air shock was leaking where the solenoid rubbed though:
20130924_155327_zps3629e2e9.jpg
that's the Arnott bag? scrubbed open by the solenoid? so that's effectively a $400 design flaw?

that's the Arnott bag? scrubbed open by the solenoid? so that's effectively a $400 design flaw?

Yes its an arnott bag, but i don't think a design flaw, I think my lower control arm might be screwed. The sleeve in the busing that the shock mounts to is pushed more toward the rear of the car, and the bushing on the other side is centered.

The solenoid connected to the new OEM bag was orientated differently, so I but new shocks on and will address LCA soon, What brand is best for LCA?

hmm, that's a peculiar scenario
---
LCA? can't go wrong with Moog (with a grease fitting)

Yea, I see Moog and Dorman on rock auto. I know Dorman is an OE parts supplier but have never had any experience with there parts.

I have Dorman upper's and lower's on my car and couldn't be any happier! Rides like a wet dream!

On another note. Got some new (old) interior parts in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to play around with them.
Can you tell what's been de-rubberized and cleaned?
Still needs polished though! I'll get to that soon. These will all look perfect when I'm done!!
I'm having some fun now! :)

Bezel Done (1).jpg

Bezel Done (2).jpg

Bezel Done (3).jpg

Bezel Done (4).jpg

Convinced my dad to keep the 95 mark.. Hopefully he does! Gonna be re-finishing a spare set of headlights and going to buy him some 5000k (or w/e pure white is) HID's for it. Might start it up later too.

Made some upper spring perches today on Doug's old lathe.

Took me a little while to figure everything out since I'm not used to such a small lathe.

IMG_2192[1].jpg
IMG_2195[1].jpg
IMG_2197[1].jpg
IMG_2198[1].jpg
IMG_2208[1].jpg
IMG_2209[1].jpg

IMG_2192[1].jpg

IMG_2195[1].jpg

IMG_2197[1].jpg

IMG_2198[1].jpg

IMG_2208[1].jpg

IMG_2209[1].jpg

No. Just removed the rubber coating and polished on them a little. You may think these parts look bad but they are really in excellent shape. They will all look new when I'm done.

Man, those switches look good. Makes me want to go pull all of mine now and do them. I'll wait till it cools off more. Me and heat don't get along well. Anyway, didn't notice it till today but mine hit 123,000 when I wasn't looking. I noticed it when I sent Dan's console off at the post office today.

123000_zpsbd09ed97.jpg

Plated, Insured then drove her like I stole her. Nothing like riding on air.

Amen! I have had my air switch off for 4 days just to have a different feel around town. It takes corners with zero lean and it's setting about 2 inches lower than ride height but it's not dropping any further. Feels different and good but nothing like it feels when the switch is on.

New box for the R's. I've had these for 7 years and no matter what sub setup I get I'm never satisfied and always revert back to these. I got rid of the old box, it was a hacked up pos demo box i've had laying around since forever.

With that said I neatly installed these, first time inverted. Flipped over the oem rubber mounting gasket so that I could use its seperate cover to cover the screws. I then used thin foam weather stripping on the underside so that I could run the wires into the box w/o making extra holes while still getting an air tight seal. It's all caulked and soldered up. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I had to get a slanted box as the butt end of these are to heavy causing it to tip in the reg one.

DSCF9059.jpg

DSCF9060.jpg

DSCF9061.jpg

DSCF9062.jpg

DSCF9063.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back