Slow heat creep

The one part I want to make sure I have correct is the crossover hose assembly. When I search for it I get a 3 pack of gaskets for the thermostat. It reads like this on Rock Auto-
Cooling System : Coolant Water Crossover Mounting Set
VICTOR REINZ Part # GS33515 Material: Victo-Tech
Is this correct?
Sounds like that is the o-ring like rubber seals for where the assembly attaches to the engine, but not the crossover assembly itself.

Lincoln LS cooling system.jpg Can you verify which part it is from the attached cooling system diagram. My searches are coming up with multiple options.

Lincoln LS cooling system.jpg

OK. I replaced all of the parts you recommended and the heat creep is gone. No air release/boiling in the degas bottle, no coolant loss, etc. However, still no heat in the cabin. Could the DCCV be stuck in a closed position? I am stumped because I have gone through the steps to remove any air in the system several times.

OK. I replaced all of the parts you recommended and the heat creep is gone. No air release/boiling in the degas bottle, no coolant loss, etc. However, still no heat in the cabin. Could the DCCV be stuck in a closed position? I am stumped because I have gone through the steps to remove any air in the system several times.

Did you get a steady stream of coolant out of the heater bleed? (It should spray out with some force.)

Has the heat ever worked on this car since you've had it? If not, maybe a previous owner put plugs inside the heater hoses instead of replacing a failed DCCV.

The DCCV usually fails in the open position (full heat), but sometimes it does stick closed (no heat), so that could be your problem.

Can you get some heat at highway speeds? If so, it may be that your aux pump has failed.

If you are having a heater issue after replacing all those parts then I would replace the dccv.

Coolant comes out in full force- no air mixed in when bleeding.
The heat worked fine previously.
No heat even at highway speeds.

I am guessing DCCV before aux pump?

Members online

Back