What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Well, still having trouble with the rear air springs. This morning the ass was on the ground. I have put the '97 LSC's air springs and height sensors on it and the front end stays up fine. But I think the rear springs may be leaking. New O-rings and silicone grease on the solenoids on all four springs too. It's just one thing after another...:(

20130917_151028_zpsae95b2f5.jpg

:dancefool That is all...they will go on this weekend

You are a bad, bad man. :D

Love the Marauders, too bad they don't see the price cut like our Mark VIIIs.

Cut some rear upper spring perches out of a sheet of galvanized steel and painted with barbecue black paint. Will install later in the afternoon, wife is making me spend time with her.
photos or it didn't happen...welded turn-down corners for it?

today? took the xcal2 tune off my brown car and put it on my ivory car (their pcm's have the same box code)- forgot to pull fuses for fan and FP prior to programming, oops....thought about playing with optional parameters (spark, a/f mix, shift points) but decided to research more before throwing paint at the PCM wall
----
even with the default tune, it makes a big difference, much more aggressive

new wires on the brown car, they didn't come with these so I presume the coil pack end retainers are to be reused?
P9190706.JPG

P9190706.JPG

Well yesterday i;
Loaded my subframe from my old 95 into the trunk of the 97 (the one i built with all polyurethane, new rack&pinion, new control arms, and new hubs, new calipers, and crossdrilled rotors.)

Drove to my local shop where i am allowed to work on my own vehicle with shop assistance.

Proceeded to brace engine from above, and remove entire cracked and sloppy front suspension at once.

when it was down i noticed the oil pan was leaking, so i got a new gasket and did an oil change.

I then removed the manifolds and mid pipe, and replaced them with 2004 cobra manifolds and a offroad xpipe, blocking the egr pipe off along the way, and here is where my problems began (details at end).

Then it was time to bolt the new subframe in place, and hook up the powersteering lines, and flaming river steering joints.

After this, i needed to bleed the brakes (added stainless lines to the front) and replace upper control arms (btw the bolts for the UCA's Suck)

About this time, i was out of time, so i had to make it good enough to drive home. I bolted wheels back up, lowered it down, and started it up.

About 15seconds after firing i remembered she had no oil, so i shut down and immediately added 6 qts (heres to hoping i didnt mess it up.)

Went for a test drive, and the alignment seems a little off (a whole different subframe will do that) but i was out of time, so i drove home, where i removed the rear bags and sensors and shes parked there now.

pros:
Got subframes swapped
got 03/04 manifolds and x-pipe installed
got stainless brake lines installed
Installed 1w cree leds inside in the dome and back roof lights.
converted to coils all 4 corners (Arnott Kit)
Emissions exempt

Cons:

Not aligned 100%
Rear o2 sensors not hooked up, threads need chased,
Ripped crankcase breather pipe off intake tube.
failed to connect x-pipe to single stock exhaust (y pipe didnt fit) so exhaust dumping under middle of car.
Having a real bad shudder under braking, going to re-check all bolt torques.
Stalling after slowing to a stop, immediately restarts (might be due to breather pipe leak)
No egr or smog.
Ran for ~15 seconds without oil

Need to knows:
How much damage would ~15 seconds no oil (idle) do to a 4.6 (seems to run great, ran compression test this am, all within 1%)
Where can i get a tune to delete egr and rear o2's from the ecu.
Where can i get a decent Ypipe about 20" long.

15 seconds with no oil....none in my opinion! Won't hurt anything.
When I do blown head gaskets on Chevy's. I let it run for 3 minutes (watch the clock) with 4 quarts kerosene and 1 quart oil....real thin stuff, (sometimes it knocks like hell). Cleans it out real good too. Never been a problem either! Learned that from an 80 year old guy that build's race cars.
Letting it run for 15 secs with no oil will not hurt anything (there's still lube there). Once again, my opinion only!
I wouldn't worry about it!

Got laid off as per usual it would seem yesterday but driving home I hit up the HESS that gave me regular this week.

This time he either remembered or heard me when I said Premium :cool:

Also I paid $3.53 for 93 and I did take note of the price by where I live ($4.03) so I saved .50 cents a gallon filling up by my work. Even more upsetting is the fact that when I am unemployed I ether have to drive 30 some odd miles for Cheap stuff or pay a lot more for gas :mad:

Gonna clean the throttle body and maf on 98 this weekend, is there a gasket between throttle body and intake? If so is it reusable if not messed up?

Washed it, compounded it with my buffer. Polished all the chrome including wheels and Stainless steel exhaust tips. Need to buff it with wax and seal it, rotate the tires and vacuum the interior.. Then she's up for sale. Hate to see it go, I love the car so much lol. Few pics I snapped after the compound
54C0EDB6-F08C-4994-86C4-57F8C8ABB76E-9684-00000A20888ED777_zps6bb5d8d0.jpg

7F499FA8-22FC-4175-B753-E27BB98C4DB4-9684-00000A208111C61F_zps4561f925.jpg

50E807EB-0735-4D46-9117-8FD7B46D74C1-9684-00000A2074218B84_zps724fe132.jpg

34612CDF-777D-4363-9860-47BD5625BFBF-9684-00000A2050D3FBB7_zpsc0ae0c9c.jpg

She's sittin pretty now :D

What did you do with the old stuff?

Washed it, compounded it with my buffer. Polished all the chrome including wheels and Stainless steel exhaust tips. Need to buff it with wax and seal it, rotate the tires and vacuum the interior.. Then she's up for sale. Hate to see it go, I love the car so much lol. Few pics I snapped after the compound

Nice!!

Need to knows:
How much damage would ~15 seconds no oil (idle) do to a 4.6 (seems to run great, ran compression test this am, all within 1%)
Where can i get a tune to delete egr and rear o2's from the ecu.
Where can i get a decent Ypipe about 20" long.

You should be fine, I've done that before as well.

My question is why dont you have a thread with lots of pictures? Sounds like it would make a great progress thread.

What did you do with the old stuff?

Nice!!

You should be fine, I've done that before as well.

My question is why dont you have a thread with lots of pictures? Sounds like it would make a great progress thread.

Still have it drivers side is good, passenger side has a hole in it and im probably gonna throw it out.

Gonna clean the throttle body and maf on 98 this weekend, is there a gasket between throttle body and intake? If so is it reusable if not messed up?

yes there is....not reusable....i didn't think the TB was designed to be cleaned...?

It looks beautiful! Is that your Mustang across the street with the black wheels? What hapened to the chrome Speedstars in your sig pic?

Thanks man! Yes sir thats my 1995 5.0, black on black 55k original miles. I had issues with the Saleens chrome finish with 2 sets. Swapped them for Anthracrite Bullitts, just plasti dipped them black to protect them for the winter. My brothers foxbody is right in front of mine

Members online

Back