No a.c. Now no heat...

01LS3.9

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm hoping you guys can help me out here.

I've already confirmed that my a.c.clutch isn't engaging. Would that cause a no heat problem too? I've run the datc test and no errors reported. I don't believe I have any air pockets as I'm not overheating even in the slightest and I followed the steps for proper bleeding when I changed the degas bottle back in February.

Search. Covered over and over.
No, the AC failure is not directly related to no heat.
You either have an air pocket (very common), a DCCV that is stuck closed (less common), a bad aux pump (V8 only, and not too common), or a clogged heater core (very unlikely).

Thanks Joe. I did read that this were the likely culprits. Sorry that I missed the a.c. clutch answer though. I've already changed the aux pump. I'll look into possible ways of testing if the DCCV is good or not.

Quick update. Last week no heat. Yesterday heat on passenger side and semi-warm heat to warm heat back to semi-warm heat on driver's. Today, it's switched. Though both sides did start off equally strong and hot. I'm just going to assume it's my DCCV and replace this weekend. Unless someone out there knows that it's something different.

Please let us know. My heat and a/c just went out yesterday. Winters coming and I am not ready.... :-(

My first advice would be to drain your cooling system, and fill/bleed with new coolant to be sure your coolant is at the correct level and air tight. The heat didn't work hardly at all when my coolant level was below normal prior to me replacing cooling system components.

I was having the same issue. I took it to a repair shop and they charged me 150+ bucks to diagnose a closed thermostat and replace. Turns out the thermostat was broken or stuck closed or whatever, and nothing was getting passed it.

I have heat now, but I noticed a little bit of extra noise when I accelerate. It's almost like a faint rattle that can't even be heard over talk radio at low volume. But it's definitely there.

The shop also recommended that I replace my water pump ($300+ parts and labor) at some radiator stuff (800+) plus change a lot of hoses. Overall they recommended like $1800 in repairs which I wasn't ready for with my 2004 LS. Sheesh.

Members online

Back