Bought a 95 chameleon today. Pics

chargerxr

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Normally I don't post pics of all the Mark VIII's I buy, because I buy and sell several each year, but thought you guys might like to see this one because of the rare color. This one has a good story also. I saved this one from the crusher. I sold this guy a 4.30 differential about 2 months ago. He had just bought the car. He wanted to make it fast. He put a trac loc in the diff before he put it in, and a cobra intake on it. I told him to keep my # in case he needed other parts. He calls me 2 weeks ago and says he taking the motor out to put in a mustang. Says he going to send the rest of the car to the crusher, unless I want to buy it. I said my God don't crush that car. So I went and picked it up today. 78,000 miles, 93 driveshaft, still has the 4.30's in it. He also gave me a set of cobra heads and exhaust manifolds.

chameleon 95 001a.jpg

chameleon 95 002a.jpg

chameleon 95 003a.jpg

chameleon 95 005a.jpg

chameleon 95 007a.jpg

Damn shame he pulled the motor out of THAT car instead of just buying a used engine for cheap..I guess it can still be put back together though. Where was this car from when HE bought it? There were two chameleon 95s for sale on the chicago craigslist within a few months of each other earlier this year..wondering if it was one of them being that there were only just over 200 of them built.

Damn shame he pulled the motor out of THAT car instead of just buying a used engine for cheap..I guess it can still be put back together though. Where was this car from when HE bought it? There were two chameleon 95s for sale on the chicago craigslist within a few months of each other earlier this year..wondering if it was one of them being that there were only just over 200 of them built.

x2 just buy one out already and sell car for more $ running and driving.

He told me he bought it from a guy here in K.C. Title confirms that as this guy never titled it. Guys name on the title I can't even begin to pronounce, but is a K.C. address. It would be interesting to run the vin to look at the history. I might do that if I end up keeping the car. Probably going to sell it to webvette.

Put a motor in that and drive the S#%$ out of it, Beautiful color and looks pretty darn clean

If Jason doesn't buy it then that's exactly what I'll do. Interior just needs a good cleaning. I'm actually starting to have second thoughts about selling it.

Dude I'd hold on to that car and build it up if its as clean as the pics make it look..not every day you come across a rare colored mark like that..that car is begging for some LSC lenses, tint and some chrome 17s or 18s, then swap that interior to black and rock it.

Very true Keviiin. If I keep it, it will get lsc headlights, 18's, and possibly the cowl hood from my son's wrecked 93, if my friend and paint guy thinks he can match the color.

Thanks for saving it from the crusher
I personally don't care for the color but it deserves to be saved.

Nicee! those headlights look mint too. I'm with everyone else, she looks like a keeper man. Those cobra heads work on the mark viii motor right? Those heads and intake combined with the 4.30s would be nasty... I vote for white Saleen wheels tho.

Nicee! those headlights look mint too. I'm with everyone else, she looks like a keeper man. Those cobra heads work on the mark viii motor right? Those heads and intake combined with the 4.30s would be nasty... I vote for white Saleen wheels tho.

Ew white saleens? On a purple(ish) car? Either silver, chrome or gunmetal would be a better option IMO. Eitherway he hasn't decided on whether he's keeping it so it really doesn't matter. But at least it'll be in good hands.

What an awesome car/color ! and i REALLY like that black Gen 2 LSC in the background of the first picture. Its like a kick in the nuts seeing a mark online or driving around, i want another soooo bad, but my pewter 97 is where most of my money goes these days, well that, and the occasional torino part for my 71, i agree with Right On The Mark though, get a used engine, install it, and sell it, ( or keep it ;) ) it would be cool to see a gen 2 COP engine installed in it with a cobra intake and a set of kooks.

Nice find Roger. Call me crazy but I would put an engine in it, clean it up and drive it as is. i like the color combo and the chrome 20 spokes. Perfect just the way it is.

Real good score on that one.I love the color and it would look killer with a set of bullits on it.Of course everything with bullitts on it is killer to me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back