Need ideas on Plasti-Dipping stripe(s)

Hey, you're only 18 once - the mistakes as well as the good is what make you the man you'll be. The mere fact you haven't followed the herd to a four door wrong wheel drive "car" speaks volumes about who you are. I will accept your judgement. Then you can laugh about it later, regardless of what modification you decide to do. Have fun.

Dang 98lincmk7..... anyways, that's an ooold pic of my car. When I first painted my wheels.

As far as the original posting, it is truly your car, no one else is driving it, do what you want. It's just that most of the guys here have over the years found what really looks nice with these cars. I might've gone real close, if not, just over the line with mine. Painted (brown) wheels with no lip, a stripe on the hood, and another good that's polished aluminum (do not attempt unless you want the biggest headache ever given to man)

Anyways, do what you want, but there will be SOMEONE that doesn't approve of YOUR car.

Oh hi guys!

So are we calling these "racing stripes" or not because neither of my Mark8s have any stripes yet both of mine are mysteriously faster than the OPs car. Hahaha

Just when you started to forget that KS had the fastest cars in the Midwest, he had to stop in to remind us...

Just when you started to forget that KS had the fastest cars in the Midwest, he had to stop in to remind us...

I have the cleanest 151k mile Mark viii in the midwest.

FYI.gif

I have the fastest mk8 in the world with March Ram air! Also my silver car is the fastest MK8 in the world with an Imola Ice paint job! LOL

I have the only willow green fake LSC in the WORLD! BOOM! (probably)

Hahahahaha. I'm not even done yet. Still have to do underdrive pullies, throttle body, IMRC deletes, take some fuel out of my tune and knock the shift points down to about 6700 rpms. It's a turd yet. I suppose I should probably replace my original 165K mile fuel pump while I'm at it too and my original ignition coils. I'm going to be working on a racing seat setup too eventually here unless the motor decides to blow before then. By then, I'll be low 13s. I won't run 12s like Frank. This engine is too worn in and it makes noise. Hell, if I can make some ends meet I might even run it this October after I hit the dyno and get the AF ratio where it needs to be and the shift points not at 7100 rpms and see if I can crack 13.4xxxs before I even do all the rest of that stuff. Then I know it will only go deeper. ;)

Unfortunately, stripes are not on my list. I guess I'll just have to deal....

I have the fastest mk8 in the world with March Ram air!

As if that is why your car runs 12s. My redneck ram air headlight delete mod works just as good. You have other factors at play silly goose, one of them being that you make a lot more than 260hp to the tires.

Hahahahaha. I'm not even done yet. Still have to do underdrive pullies, throttle body, IMRC deletes, take some fuel out of my tune and knock the shift points down to about 6700 rpms. It's a turd yet. I suppose I should probably replace my original 165K mile fuel pump while I'm at it too and my original ignition coils. I'm going to be working on a racing seat setup too eventually here unless the motor decides to blow before then. By then, I'll be low 13s. I won't run 12s like Frank. This engine is too worn in and it makes noise. Hell, if I can make some ends meet I might even run it this October after I hit the dyno and get the AF ratio where it needs to be and the shift points not at 7100 rpms and see if I can crack 13.4xxxs before I even do all the rest of that stuff. Then I know it will only go deeper. ;)

Unfortunately, stripes are not on my list. I guess I'll just have to deal....

I know I probably shouldn't have input here but....are you sure a Mark VIII is what you want? Maybe, just maybe you should have something a little faster that you can make even faster! :)

I know I probably shouldn't have input here but....are you sure a Mark VIII is what you want? Maybe, just maybe you should have something a little faster that you can make even faster! :)

That car is in the garage, and unfortunately it is still a Mark VIII. Again, I guess I'll just have to deal. :p Hey, you know me, I'm not giving up that easy! LOL I don't want to give up on Frosty yet just because I have something else to play around with, and actually it is in my best interest financially at this point to probably not even touch Big Red for awhile. I already have a shopping list for that car that is about $3000 just to make it worthy of a track appearance. I refuse to run it without a stall or headers on a safe tune with 11 flat AF ratios so for now Frosty is getting all the attention since it's already put together except for a few odds and ends and perhaps a little bit of good luck fairy dust which in recent history I will accept since I grit my teeth every time it shifts into 2nd at WOT at 7000+ rpms on a 165K mile motor. I'm slightly nervous. Not gonna lie. lol I will breathe a little easier once the shift points come out of the attic.

You should just plastidip the center portion of the grille. It looks mean like that. I have done it to several grand marquis's

Lol you did guess my age right... I am 18.... Does it really just scream "ignorant, teen, rice"???

I was just telling them it looked meh... but it's plasti-dip... it peels right off!

Give me a week before I dump the whole car in flat black!

Dude it screams "9 Guys Blowing 8 Guys" TERRIBLE in any and every way, fire your Weed dealer He is selling you sprayed $hit man.

Dont remind me!

Dude it screams "9 Guys Blowing 8 Guys" TERRIBLE in any and every way, fire your Weed dealer He is selling you sprayed $hit man.

Lmaoooo, I don't smoke weed :cool:

That stripe got stupid after the first hour.... I remebered what the Lincoln has without it... sleeper effect... the reason why I bought the car lol...

When they see the rear tires burning they all come over and say.... "?????????, what is this?"

Hey what would you do with free plastidip? :eek:

Members online

No members online now.
Back