Need ideas on Plasti-Dipping stripe(s)

This car feels young and fast... the outside screams "older and mature"

Guess I'm just going to get a complete exhaust with cut outs, 4.10s, j-mod, cobra intake, and hub swap....

You just gained our confidence! Now for some new pictures to prove you have removed that abomination of a stripe.

You want to make it look sportier?

1. Sensor lower it (if you still have air suspension).

2. Spank some nice wheels on it. (Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=331020791920 )

U should restore those headlights

That right there sounds like a great idea to start with.

It currently has springs... they are red I just haven't had enough time with college classes to asses them.

The lights were worse did the old toothpaste scrub and borrowed headlight cleaner. ...

It was owned by a mechanic... but needs a few things here and there.... I may just have my old high school repaint the car and do a complete restore... I want her to shine

Others have more pictures of that yellow one. Once upon a time I seem to remember a thread with a lot of bad mark viii ideas with pictures.

Since you twisted my arm.

1995-mark-viii_xuc0e.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg

If you go with a wing makes sure it is inconspicuous.

dfgdf.jpg

This only the olny "Strip" one I like

screwballmarina%20005.jpg

1995-mark-viii_xuc0e.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

screwballmarina%20005.jpg

dfgdf.jpg

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Silver frost ($3,400)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII Silver frost with "stripes = horsepower" add on ($1,400)

You must be 16-19 years old. I can't fathom anyone of any other age doing what you just did to your car! You just depreciated its value BIG TIME!

You are not going to last long on this site doing that kind of sh!t to your car dude. Wait, before I continue, out of experience in the past, are you autistic? Do you have ADD or ADHD?

I'm sorry, but I just have to step in here.

He could have put Cobra logos on it....

Or actually painted the word "Cobra" somewhere on it....

Or put a bunch of LED strips on it....

Or put a bunch of decals on it....

I don't like the way the stripe looks, but I think it could look good if done a little differently. Leave him alone and think about your own "modifications" before you berate someone else's...

For instance, Isaiah3g's car:
25747690023_large.jpg

25747690023_large.jpg

I'm sorry, but I just have to step in here.

He could have put Cobra logos on it.... INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY

Or actually painted the word "Cobra" somewhere on it.... INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY & even I said that would gone VERY soon.

Or put a bunch of LED strips on it.... INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY

Or put a bunch of decals on it.... Finally, you got one right but they are just LMS decals.

I don't like the way the stripe looks, but I think it could look good if done a little differently. Leave him alone and think about your own "modifications" before you berate someone else's...

For instance, Isaiah3g's car:
View attachment 828462141

You obviously know I'm going to defend myself.... EVERYTHING you have mentioned above minus the LMS decals is INSIDE my engine bay. Sir, before you go throwing crap at others trying to look like the good man, do your research CORRECTLY! When my cars are going down the road they do NOT scream RICER!
Both my prairie tan & my wedgewood blue have clean, unmolested bodies!!! Other than the decals on the 1/4 windows both your black beauty & my wedgewood blue are practically identical on the outside.

I know for a FACT 2 years down the line that poor kid would've said to himself; "What was I thinking?" Just trying to speed that up a bit for him before he does something to ruin his car & regret it & it looks like he noticed it himself.

I'm surprised that you being an older member how you jumped at me when you know compared to Frogman or Jamie, I'm a baby.

Wow.. He's a kid, one year older than me. If he wants to paint if neon pink, who cares its his car not yours. No need to try and talk down to him, thats what strays people away from forums. If he had some dark wheels, and a drop the stripe would go nicely. It might look out of place to you, but to him it might look great. People gotta make mistakes and learn from them, so let him. I put cobra badges on my 95, after awhile i took them off because they really don't belong on there at all even though the cobra got the motor from the mark viii's. Wasn't there just a thread on not giving some kid **** because he is autistic? and then you go and ask if he's autistic, has adhd or add? Thats ****ed up.

It doesn't matter anyway that's the fun of plasti dip u can experient and if u don't like it u just peel it off

OH,
Snap snap snap snap
snap snap snap snap
...................snap...
................snap......
.............snap.........
..........snap............
.....snap.................
snap snap snap snap
snap snap snap snap

Since you twisted my arm.

View attachment 828462134

Are those Camaro headlights????

Now that I actually like. The El CaMarko, not the color. Tone it down a bit and I'd drive the heck outta that! :D

If you go with a wing makes sure it is inconspicuous.

View attachment 828462139

Facepalm...

This only the olny "Strip" one I like

View attachment 828462138

Nice. I like that.

You obviously know I'm going to defend myself.... EVERYTHING you have mentioned above minus the LMS decals is INSIDE my engine bay. Sir, before you go throwing crap at others trying to look like the good man, do your research CORRECTLY! When my cars are going down the road they do NOT scream RICER! Both my prairie tan & my wedgewood blue have clean, unmolested bodies!!! Other than the decals on the 1/4 windows both your black beauty & my wedgewood blue are practically identical on the outside.
So....what you're saying is, it's ok to scream ricer, as long as the screams are muffled by a closed hood?

I'm not blindly "throwing crap." I'm merely standing in the middle of you and another member of our forum, catching the crap you're throwing at him, and giving it back to you. When you start doing things to your car that everyone likes, and no one dislikes, maybe you can start talking down to people...

I know for a FACT 2 years down the line that poor kid would've said to himself; "What was I thinking?" Just trying to speed that up a bit for him before he does something to ruin his car & regret it & it looks like he noticed it himself.
Let him figure it out himself....OR....tell him your opinions in a respectful way. Until he starts acting like a jackass to everyone on here, check your comments.

I'm surprised that you being an older member how you jumped at me when you know compared to Frogman or Jamie, I'm a baby.
It wasn't ok when they did it either. I put Jamie AND Frogman in their place more than once. They were wrong. I pointed it out. They acknowledged, and apologized. Just because someone else used to act like a douchebag to others doesn't mean you should too.

Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?

So....what you're saying is, it's ok to scream ricer, as long as the screams are muffled by a closed hood?

Did you not understand that I was well aware of the fact that my engine bay was overdressed with Cobras & I told everyone on here I'd be taking care of that? I'm not hiding it! I posted the pictures on my progress thread & I also stated I'd be omitting some of that crap. I can't break it down to you any further unless I ... staht.... tahlking.... fuhll.....retahrd for you!

I'm not blindly "throwing crap." I'm merely standing in the middle of you and another member of our forum, catching the crap you're throwing at him, and giving it back to you. When you start doing things to your car that everyone likes, and no one dislikes, maybe you can start talking down to people...

You know all newbs get their balls busted on forums everywhere. It's been a tradition for years. If you go back to the first page of this very thread, he recognized his mistake & I gave him recognition for it & immediately provided him with assistance on how to make his car more attractive to him & even told him he didn't have to be like the others in his group in order to be "cool"! Are you going to get all hissy fit with "97 Octaine" because he called the guy "slow witted"?

Problem is MOST OF YOU sit behind your computers & say; "OMG, look at what this fvcking idiot is doing to his car! What a dumb@ss". The difference is I type it while you think it. Tell me, when you saw this thread, did you say to yourself; "Oh, look, how cute!" or did you think; "Oh sh!t, there goes another abomination!" We are all entitiled to freedom of speech. I'm not telling him his car's a piece of sh!t. I was clear on telling him not to do that & the effects of doing what he did.

Let him figure it out himself....OR....tell him your opinions in a respectful way. Until he starts acting like a jackass to everyone on here, check your comments.

The entire purpose of a forum is to help ppl not make mistakes. WTF?!?!?! As for the respectful way? DUDE! Check my threads. I'm 99.9% respectful to everyone on here. I DO JOKE AROUND from time to time. I use sarcasm. If you can't take it (you must be the OP's father) then stay out. He obviously took it with a grain of salt & could care less. I happen to have used the same sarcasm with Kyle (the kid with autizm) & now we are cool friends on fb. I give him advice whenever he needs it, etc. For all you know the OP n' I could become best of buddies on this page in the future & you ended up with sh!t all over your hands that didn't even belong to you to begin with. YOU TOOK THIS WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!

It wasn't ok when they did it either. I put Jamie AND Frogman in their place more than once. They were wrong. I pointed it out. They acknowledged, and apologized. Just because someone else used to act like a douchebag to others doesn't mean you should too.

Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back?

Dude, REALLY.... REALLY..... REEEALLY?!?!?!?

Why would you even ask if he had autism, add or adhd? That has absolutely nothing to do with what the kid does to his car. Idk if you were trying to crack a joke or something but that was uncalled for.

Thanks

I know that typically happens on forums... I previously own an Oldsmobile Aurora... now that forum was just warm and friendly...

Here I know I'm stepping into big boy grounds.... 98lincmk7lsc thank you for the care and thought... your right... many would run and stray far away after that ridicule.

UltimateSVT I know is trying to make a point though... don't follow the typical "I'm sticking stripes on it" which is what my friends and I decided. All in all his opinion is his opinion,and mine is mine... But I'll always look at it from everyone's view..

It was an idea that only plastidip could do since it is removable....

We are planning on driving down to Plymouth, Mass for the Cars and Copters meet... so were trying to do a few things before the meet I don't want to drive the Ram it gets enough attention...

Now lets stop this small amount of tension and get back on subject or better yet let us end this thread and when my parts come in I'll update you guys.

Why would you even ask if he had autism, add or adhd? That has absolutely nothing to do with what the kid does to his car. Idk if you were trying to crack a joke or something but that was uncalled for.

I thought I was the only who noticed that.... No choice but to ignore, not trying to be banned for name calling.

I thought I was the only who noticed that.... No choice but to ignore, not trying to be banned for name calling.

Nah your not. I was reading through the post and saw it. Then remembered there was a thread about a fellow member who has autism and thought that was ****ed up for asking you if you had it. Criticizing is one thing but what he said was totally uncalled for. Everyone gets the bashing is so old its not even funny, people come here to show off their cars, get ideas and help each other. Not to get bashed because they ask opinions on a stripe on THEIR OWN PERSONAL VEHICLE nobody else's.

I agree when looking at it from your point of view it looks REALLY bad. I mentioned it with sarcasm because when Kyle posted he had ADHD & autism I immedeately STOPPED the sarcasm, apologized & assisted. Problem is sarcasm is perfectly understandable when heard, not when read. Regardless it was a sarcastic way of telling you I wanted to make sure I wasn't offending you but I agree, I didn't have to go that route.

I know that typically happens on forums... I previously own an Oldsmobile Aurora... now that forum was just warm and friendly...

Here I know I'm stepping into big boy grounds.... 98lincmk7lsc thank you for the care and thought... your right... many would run and stray far away after that ridicule.

UltimateSVT I know is trying to make a point though... don't follow the typical "I'm sticking stripes on it" which is what my friends and I decided. All in all his opinion is his opinion,and mine is mine... But I'll always look at it from everyone's view..

It was an idea that only plastidip could do since it is removable....

We are planning on driving down to Plymouth, Mass for the Cars and Copters meet... so were trying to do a few things before the meet I don't want to drive the Ram it gets enough attention...

Now lets stop this small amount of tension and get back on subject or better yet let us end this thread and when my parts come in I'll update you guys.

First & foremost thank you for taking it with a grain of salt. That shows you are the bigger person. As for stepping into "Big boy Grounds"? Nah man. no such thing. We are all equal here. Some of us use sarcasm, some of us live on this page, some of us check in from time to time, some are stock, some are kicking 500hp & I learned today after 4 years here that some are a little uptight as well. That's the beauty about living in a country where we can all be different, diverse, carry our opinions & it's still ok but no such thing as big boy nothing. Enjoy the site. I bet you will have fun. Expect sarcasm from me & other members from time to time.

Problem is MOST OF YOU sit behind your computers & say; "OMG, look at what this fvcking idiot is doing to his car! What a dumb@ss". The difference is I type it while you think it. Tell me, when you saw this thread, did you say to yourself; "Oh, look, how cute!" or did you think; "Oh sh!t, there goes another abomination!" We are all entitiled to freedom of speech. I'm not telling him his car's a piece of sh!t. I was clear on telling him not to do that & the effects of doing what he did]

Nail on the head. We all thought it, but alex said it..big deal. If you cant take a little internet criticism, you're going to have a rough time in the real world. From the sounds of it the OP isn't too butt hurt about it anyway, so lets all move on.

Did you not understand that I was well aware of the fact that my engine bay was overdressed with Cobras & I told everyone on here I'd be taking care of that? I'm not hiding it! I posted the pictures on my progress thread & I also stated I'd be omitting some of that crap. I can't break it down to you any further unless I ... staht.... tahlking.... fuhll.....retahrd for you!

Yep, I did know that. I also know that it didn't take someone acting like an ******* to get you to realize it...
Good job remembering that your car isn't a Cobra.

I'm not even going to address the retard comment. If you don't already understand why that's fukked up, I'm not going to be able to change you.
You know all newbs get their balls busted on forums everywhere. It's been a tradition for years. If you go back to the first page of this very thread, he recognized his mistake & I gave him recognition for it & immediately provided him with assistance on how to make his car more attractive to him & even told him he didn't have to be like the others in his group in order to be "cool"! Are you going to get all hissy fit with "97 Octaine" because he called the guy "slow witted"?
Oh, it's a tradition? Well, in that case, be as much of a douchebag as you want. That makes it OK.

Hazing is a big "tradition" in the military. It's all fun and games, until that person decides it's worth taking his own life over it. It's ok though, because it's a "tradition". I'm sure their family will be ok with that.
Problem is MOST OF YOU sit behind your computers & say; "OMG, look at what this fvcking idiot is doing to his car! What a dumb@ss". The difference is I type it while you think it. Tell me, when you saw this thread, did you say to yourself; "Oh, look, how cute!" or did you think; "Oh sh!t, there goes another abomination!" We are all entitiled to freedom of speech. I'm not telling him his car's a piece of sh!t. I was clear on telling him not to do that & the effects of doing what he did.
You know, you keep missing one thing: HIS car. Let him do whatever the fukk he wants to it. If you disagree with it, say it RESPECTFULLY. It doesn't matter what I thought when I saw the thread. I'm not so self-important to think that I need to save him from himself before he ruins his image... His whole point of doing it in Plasti-dip was so that it could easily be taken off. He did it, he didn't like it, so he decided to take it off. No berating needed.

Being here as long as I have, I've seen this board take a HUGE nosedive in quality of posts and quality of members. I don't remember when exactly that started, but it must have been sometime around June of 2009...

Hanging around the G8 forums has really reminded me of what it used to be like here. A much better sense of community and quality of posts.
The entire purpose of a forum is to help ppl not make mistakes. WTF?!?!?! As for the respectful way? DUDE! Check my threads. I'm 99.9% respectful to everyone on here. I DO JOKE AROUND from time to time. I use sarcasm. If you can't take it (you must be the OP's father) then stay out. He obviously took it with a grain of salt & could care less. I happen to have used the same sarcasm with Kyle (the kid with autizm) & now we are cool friends on fb. I give him advice whenever he needs it, etc. For all you know the OP n' I could become best of buddies on this page in the future & you ended up with sh!t all over your hands that didn't even belong to you to begin with. YOU TOOK THIS WAY TOO SERIOUSLY!
Congratulations on making a friend, I'm sure you two will be very happy together. Let me know where the gift registry is...

There's a difference between joking around and acting like an azzhole. You were on the azzhole side and it was uncalled-for, simple as that. How about next time you start out on the helpful side of the conversation, then you can be an azzhole if it's warranted.
Dude, REALLY.... REALLY..... REEEALLY?!?!?!?

Yep, ever watch any movies? Guess you can't take a joke, and you're too uptight...:rolleyes:

First & foremost thank you for taking it with a grain of salt. That shows you are the bigger person. As for stepping into "Big boy Grounds"? Nah man. no such thing. We are all equal here. Some of us use sarcasm, some of us live on this page, some of us check in from time to time, some are stock, some are kicking 500hp & I learned today after 4 years here that some are a little uptight as well. That's the beauty about living in a country where we can all be different, diverse, carry our opinions & it's still ok but no such thing as big boy nothing. Enjoy the site. I bet you will have fun. Expect sarcasm from me & other members from time to time.

I'm sorry but I have to say this This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things:p(joking of course), but all jokes aside.

Can we all just get along here, if a man wants to put stripes on his car let him do it. Who cares what we think its his car that he payed for it. If Alex wants to put cobra badges under his hood so be it, its his car the way he wants it, and he openly admitted he went a little overboard and he was gonna tone it down that's his decision don't bash some one because they put badges under their hood. Heck I have a cobra star on my back window and its not because i think my cars a cobra, I like the sticker. Do people give me crap about it yes but who cares what they think, its my car and I like it that's what matters.

My point was this:

Don't bash other people's ideas, when some of yours could be even dumber...

I wasn't outright bashing Alex's choice of under hood "modifications," only pointing out that different people have different opinions. If I wanted to spray-paint my car pink tomorrow, why should someone on the internet hundreds of miles away even care? It's MY car.

I hate when people take it upon themselves to fix other people's "wrongs", like it fukking matters what they think.

With your responses, I can tell you've taken the whoooooole thing way out of context. Comparing a simple forum thread to hard core military bashing? So you're saying my bashing is going to depress this guy? Like I said, he took it with a grain of salt, he's over it & here you are still hijacking his thread trying to prove your opinion.

Your own opinions are contradicting. If you state that I should let him make his own mistakes even if he hurts himself, it's life right? Let him do as he wishes. Then why not let me make my own "mistakes" on this forum? In the end if I'm really an @sshole (you can check ALL MY THREADS that will prove otherwise) then let me be & I'm sure everyone will hate me on this forum & I will drown in my own mistakes!

The whole Mark VIII not being a Cobra thing? C'mon... We all know the story & we all know it's the other way around, it's old... but guess what? 90% of us LOVE to say it because it sounds waaaaayyy better & we are ALL guilty of it. Why? because when we pop the hood, the rest of society recognizes this DOHC motor as the "Cobra motor". Much easier to explain to ppl that way & it sells/sounds way better.

As for LVC going to sh!t after June of '09? My brother, no one is pulling you in here after I joined & many others that made it go to sh!t as you explain. You can always log in to the .org site.

As for my friendship with Kyle... Wait... ummm... are you using sarcasm? Do I detect some forum bashing? Why don't you help me become a better forum member instead of bashing me? lol... I actually liked that answer from you because it proves you are human but Kyle is too young for me & my wife won't approve of that kinky stuff. I don't think Kyle's down for that either, lol

Last but not least, you mention I made my own mistake with the blue InTech cover, the Cobras & the overdressed engine bay correct? Did it ever occur to you that I did NOT post my ideas before I made them happen? I bet that if I would've posted the ideas I had in my head for the engine bay, as soon as I would've expressed it, everyone would've typed in their opinions. The good, the bad AND the ugly... & I accept it because I accept criticism. That tells me what the public would think about the project. It's why we post here to begin with.

Now, after we've both gotten to vent our opinons... In the end, I wish to discontinue this feud with you. It's pointless. It will not get either one of us anywhere. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know you exist & you wouldn't know I exist. We are 2 states away dude. I'm sure you live a beautiful life & so do I. This is UNNECESSARY. Just let it go, throughout all this crap I still consider you a great forum member & it will not change my opinion about you. You have your points of views, I do & so does everyone else. Good brawl but let's drop it. The OP has probably thrown up 10x's already from reading our back & forth. Good night & I'm done!

OMFG can you guys just shake and make up.....jeeeeesssssshhhhh.....everyone has different opinions on what they like...maybe I put a huge ****ing wing on my car that you guys dont like but i love....and i aint taking it off just b/c other people dont like it.....dont worry dudes i wouldnt put a ricer wing on my car anyways.

Members online

No members online now.
Back