Long Term Project or Parts Car?

I say part it but C4s are my least favorite vett
But it could be fun to restore and drive too.

Car actually has a history to it. Seems it's a 1990 but is a LT1 ZF6 speed car. It was also JESEL Valve Trains car. So unsure if they put the LT1 in it as '92 was the first year for that. Plus it has ZR1 style tail lights.

It was wrecked by JESEL as someone hit the center divider on a highway do to the increased power. Friend who's family was with JESEL in the beginning got hold of it and had it repaired 15 or 18 years ago? Then never picked it up as he got 4 Vettes since then including this newest one,

LS7 Convertible

Forgot to add my Vette had a set of 3 piece custom rims on it that even back in the day were in the 3 to 4000 dollar range. 2 got bent so my friend got new hoops for them. So they disassembled the rims so they could sand blast the centers so they could be repainted body color.

Seems someone has stolen the centers out of my car :mad:

man i dunno, looks like it could be a basketcase

Well it is a Basket case in that there were 2 shopping carts full of parts that came with it. Took me 2 trips with my short bed pick up to get the parts home. Still have to go pick up the LT1 and the ZF 6 speed.

Problem is all the nut and bolts are no longer with the car? So big decision is put it together or part it out :confused:

Just got off cell with friend last night and he told me this vet was loosing oil pressure for some reason?

He called the dealership and told them but they told him to keep driving it and the Vette engines are just loud so keep driving it and bring it in tomorrow.

Well he drove it till the gauge in a couple of minutes dropped to 0psi. Called em and they sent a flat bed to pick it up telling him all is fine. Lost #2 Main driving onto flatbed and spit 2 rods :Bang

Well he got the new free engine in the Vette but then the car had some minor electrical issues. Then after they were fixed it started with another issue that posted 18 problem codes taking the stealer ship 8 days to figure out.

Wound up being the main wiring harness had a bent pin when they installed the new 427. Problem now is he said for him to keep the car he wants a extended warrantee on the electrics and they won't give one :(

That's a mighty fine looking machine.
I've always liked the Koniggseggneggsegg <---- if you watch the British top gear, you'll get it.

Members online

Back