Mark with a coyote

2011+ GTs run mid 12s bone stock as long as they aren't at altitude, even the autos. Guys with intake, exhaust, and tune should be in the 11s.

mid 12s is even generous..the majority of the guys with the race tunes only are running that time. I was just at byron dragway today with some people and my dad made a few passes with his 12 GT which is bone stock 3:31 gear..ran some horrible times since he couldn't get it off the line for sh*t and missed 3rd gear both times running a 15 flat..next up is a barton shifter to make the shifts easier to bang. There were however a couple other 2011-2012 GTs there, one with bolt ons and what sounded like different cams that ran an 11.80 on DRs..as well as a stock appearing GT on DRs with a whipple blower that ran a 10.20 at 137 mph..deffinetly a sleeper.

mid 12s is even generous..the majority of the guys with the race tunes only are running that time. I was just at byron dragway today with some people and my dad made a few passes with his 12 GT which is bone stock 3:31 gear..ran some horrible times since he couldn't get it off the line for sh*t and missed 3rd gear both times running a 15 flat..next up is a barton shifter to make the shifts easier to bang. There were however a couple other 2011-2012 GTs there, one with bolt ons and what sounded like different cams that ran an 11.80 on DRs..as well as a stock appearing GT on DRs with a whipple blower that ran a 10.20 at 137 mph..deffinetly a sleeper.

Don't confuse the car's capabilities, with the driver's...there are lots of 12 sec slips out there for these cars

http://dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-23992.html
http://dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-21072.html
http://dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Timeslip-22467.html

All three of those as listed as completely stock autos, now this is the internet so I can't prove it. My buddy who is a hell of a driver went 12.4s in his bone stock 2013 M6, but then again He also drove a bone stock 05 GT to a 13.10 way back when too...

<--- cranial flatulence.

......FN10, MN12 is a bird...........very similar but not the same

Maybe in 10-12 years, as soon as my mortgage is paid off...

10K is hard unless you can score the motor from a JY. The complete crate engine is $6500 and the ECU is another $2500. You will have to fab mounts and exhaust and pan. Then there are the trans mods. Since you are no longer using the OEM ECU you need some way to control the trans. IDK if the Coyote ECU has the ability to do it or if you need a standalone TCU or what.

Still love the swap and I am sure the 12.5 runs are with giggle juice. I know many people running mid 12's on their GTs with tune/exhaust/intake and banging the gears but the Stang can launch better due to that steel gurder out back. LOL

<--- cranial flatulence.

lol i kinda figured, its easy to remember when you know what those letters mean, Fullsize North american platform #10, and Midsize North american platform #12. i guess a few inches is the difference between full and mid size. i think its funny that a bird is "mid size" by today's standards its a yacht

lol i kinda figured, its easy to remember when you know what those letters mean, Fullsize North american platform #10, and Midsize North american platform #12. i guess a few inches is the difference between full and mid size. i think its funny that a bird is "mid size" by today's standards its a yacht

It's all in the eye of the beholder...I look at my Town Car and see a truck

10K is hard unless you can score the motor from a JY. The complete crate engine is $6500 and the ECU is another $2500. You will have to fab mounts and exhaust and pan. Then there are the trans mods. Since you are no longer using the OEM ECU you need some way to control the trans. IDK if the Coyote ECU has the ability to do it or if you need a stand alone TCU or what.

Still love the swap and I am sure the 12.5 runs are with giggle juice. I know many people running mid 12's on their GTs with tune/exhaust/intake and banging the gears but the Stang can launch better due to that steel gurder out back. LOL

I have read to use the Speed - Dial Speedometer Adjuster as a hardware patch, so the new PCM can read the VSS, so it knows the car is moving and doesn't stall out.
At best this is for a 4R70W.... 5 speed swap would be a must, which leaves you trying to keep you axle shafts alive.

Stock harness and PCM is a bastage because of the antitheft-defeat so forget the 6 speed auto.

Kinda makes you wonder if its worth it, unless you want to pop another grand for upgraded axles.

Could always slap an AOD-E in it. They just use a TV cable to downshift. Or a C4/C6 and a Gearvendors Overdrive/Underdrive unit. But yeah, stick would be the way to go. So there is another couple grand for a six speed or at least $1500 for a 5 speed that can handle a Coyote. I know a WC T-5 wouldn't hold for long.

I'm popping 1.53's on 28" Hoosiers..stock axles w/ front diff brace,Rear 6 point brace from Steeda,Strange 5 way adj. drag shocks and drag bags in the springs with a 4.10 Trac loc..running the 26" Hoosiers last week i broke 2 28 spline axles and a 04 Cobra 31 spline Sunday before they broke..lol
HMP 6.98 8th mile pass.jpg

HMP 6.98 8th mile pass.jpg

[video=youtube;_9AXmsElKe0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9AXmsElKe0[/video]

Dude what has taken you so long to get on here!! We want to see more of your car. More info and stuff. Love the Coyote engine for sure, it runs hard. BTW welcome to the site. You have the FIRST coyote mk8 swap right?
You going level 10 shafts or going to live axle? I have been debating that.

The Coyote is insanely responsive to mods. I love mine.

Nice job sir! Please indulge us Lincoln guys with some more detail. What were some main issue when getting the 5.0 to work? What was the Cameros times?

That was a 427 turbo Camaro with nitrous off the line...he should have destroyed me honestly,but i ain't got no regular Lincoln lol..*owned*

WOOHOOO!!!! Another California member with a smokin hot ride. Yes. :D :biggrin:

Oh. Pasadena, TX. Well that's a weenie shrinker. I think I found a pic of your car somewhere and shared it on my California Mark VIII Addicts page. I think you should move to Cali. Lol :p

Are you snapping the axles on the line hitting the NOS right off the bat? Do you have a progressive unit?

No Cage yet,gonna do that in Dec/Jan off season...How many guys are on here from the Houston Area/Texas? what's the easiest way to locate them on here??

Welcome love the car
Do you have any build pics of it?
If so please put them up.
Also build details like transmission, computer, wiring and so on at least what you are willing to share.

Members online

No members online now.
Back