rear window molding

bigdawgz

LVC Member
Reaction score
is the weather striping on the rear window of a t bird the same as 1st gen mark viii?

You can search my old threads, have a trim kit on my rear window. Its not from Temple, another person from another site use to sell them.

No more Lasagna look.

I have the Temple kit on my car for now and I would do it again. John installed it himself at Carlisle 2011. It does straighten it out a lot, but I probably wouldn't recommend it on a seal with crazy bad curls. Mine was about a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 in severity and it works great. In hot weather the curls tend to show themselves slightly, but not bad. You can see my seal on the second pic here. Sorry for the sad picture, but I had it handy from another thread and so what the heck.

I've got a new window in storage... just waiting until I get the car repainted.... whenever that may be.

have one of JOHN's kits on the EVERGREEN and IVORY 97 it works wonder but it doesn't help the solar damage or carzing of the seal its self. trying to use silicone sealant and sanding it more later. JD

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure johns from Temple performance's kit is just a tool to straighten out what most people call the "lasagna" of the gasket which is when the gasket itself geta way appearance to it, to correct the issue you need to find a donor window with a good gasket if yours is deteriorated or damaged, the lasagna can be fixed, yes, but if it is any more severe id suggest searching ebay for a replacement, the actualy gasket on a marks rear window is physically made attached as one piece with the back glass if that makes sense, so its a little mroe difficult than re-glazing it with a new seal, for a CORRECT fix i would find a used replacement with a nice gasket for 250-400$ and swap it in, or u can always order a new one from ford but they are about 900$

Members online

No members online now.
Back