22 inch Forgiato's on 97 mark

markdtskitted

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey, i jus put some staggered 22 inch Forgiato's on my 97 mark, rides better than i thought it would...

car 013.JPG

car 014.JPG

car 010.JPG

Look's like balls, makes me think those rotors should be on a go kart lol

Wow, Where and how much did you get those emblems that are on your fenders?

Any suspension mods air or springs or is it factory 5x108 and size tires did u use

Posted via Topify using Android

hey, i jus put some staggered 22 inch Forgiato's on my 97 mark, rides better than i thought it would...

Not really my thing but with that body kit (which is pretty rare on its own) wheels, and the color; if that thing was a little lower I think I might like it.
Looks like you have a lot of time into the car and its pretty clean, congrats.

I was kinda thinking the same thing 97MarkJA, more drop and some brakes to fill the wheels up and I could dig it. The wheels are very nice if just a little on the big side.

I don't think I have ever seen that body kit on a gen 2. Looks decent, honestly not a big fan of the wheels though.

WOW ill be nice and just say "eek" The color and rim shape/style is nice, loose the blue in the rims and those x7 OVERSIZED eblems, they just look so much like they dont belong.

Definitely need some 14" brakes if you’re going to run that big of a setup, not because you need them but just to fill the gap. Not my thing but looks like a clean Mark, Glad you’re keeping it on the road.

Are you still on air?

I promise you won't regret it if you do the following:

1. Lower the car just a tad. You really need to bring it down off that 4x4 mode... If you are still on air ride then all you have to do is sensor lower it. SUPER EASY!

2. PLEASE for the love of God, take that blue paint off the wheels. 97% of society looks at you driving around with those wheels painted & laugh at you. The other 3% are immature high school kids & delinquents... Oh & I'm letting you know, all of us on this forum are part of that 97%. Except we try to help you so the car can look better.

3. Finish painting the rest of that caliper however being that the car is blue, I'd paint the whole caliper in dark blue. Advanced Auto sells a dark blue caliper paint that you can use. It's awesome.

4. Finally tape off your headlamps & bumper & paint that chrome trim beneath your headlamps in the same blue as the car. Basically you are making the car look more like an LSC than a base model Mark VIII.

That's it. Stand back & I promise you will see a much better looking Mark. The way it is now? Buddy no disrespect but it looks really bad man. It looks like a teenager is trying to make a DONK out of a Mark VIII.

i like it. blue wheels and all.
needs more brake rotor and more lower, and maybe less base model chrome,
but i like it.

the blue on the rims are actualy vinyl wrap, so i can remove them at anytime, i didnt want to paint them

the suspension is factory air ride, but i do want to lower it. the brakes & rotors didnt look bad til the big rims got on there so yes i do want to upgrade to bigger rotors& calippers, does anyone have a part or brand i can order or a good place to get them from? the lincolnfender emblems came off of a newer model MKz, just wanted to try something different

I like it. its different. the most important thing is that you like it. who cares what anybody else says.

I like it! Not bad for a gen2 and thats saying a lot considering I'm a gen1 man. The only thing I would do different is remove the lincoln emblems front the fender and remove the chrome door handles. Wheels look good!

The brakes & rotors didnt look bad til the big rims got on there so yes i do want to upgrade to bigger rotors& calippers, does anyone have a part or brand i can order or a good place to get them from?

You want to try and shoot for 03-04 Cobra calipers and brackets. Same with rotors, that’s the inexpensive way to get up to least a 13" rotor. Looking around $500 with used calipers, and new rotors with pads. Check out svtperformance for a used set for sale.

Some guys even have 4 piston Brembos with 14” rotors on their Mark.

the suspension is factory air ride, but i do want to lower it.
This is what you do for lowering it CLICK ME

'i like the color. i like the wheels a lot. that brushed aluminum looks nice. i dont like the way the wheels are color matched. maybe if the whole face of the wheel was color matched. or just peel the the painted stickers off.

if it was mine, i would lower it a inch and paint all the base model trim.

I like it... The wheels look great.. gotta put some bigger rotors.. cross drilled ok but don't do slotted. Take the tint off the lights front and back.. Paint the trim blue like the car... I like the Mkz Fender emblems... If you haven't debadged it do it... And paint the calipers the same color as the car that way it somewhat ok to leave the color on your wheels... Lets see some inside pics too...

just read your other thread... take the vinyl off the wheels.... LOVE THOSE WHEELS

this pic was taken a few months ago right before a member convinced me to change my oil with full synthetic oil, so ignore the change oil message,

PART_1377644455876.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back