Mystery leak

Kape

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was hoping someone could tell me the part name of this leak I have in my car. It is right behind the radiator hose and before the coils. I was just checking out my car yesterday and noticed it. Don't want any problems so Im trying to get it handled as quickly as I can.

car leak.jpgcar leak2.jpg

car leak.jpg

car leak2.jpg

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could tell me the part name of this leak I have in my car. It is right behind the radiator hose and before the coils. I was just checking out my car yesterday and noticed it. Don't want any problems so Im trying to get it handled as quickly as I can.

View attachment 828461754View attachment 828461755

I could very well be wrong, but I believe that is just a little oil seeping there. My LS is a little bit damp in the same spot.

That's the VVT connection. It has a seal and it's not too hard to replace.

VCT solenoid. Leave it be, or replace (overkill due to the work involved). Someone mentioned sealing it up with RTV, maybe you could put some from the outside?

Thanks for the help guys! Im glad this was something minor. I just placed the order for seal all. Im wondering, is it a strong adhesive? What if I need to change the part in the future?

Thanks for the help guys! Im glad this was something minor. I just placed the order for seal all. Im wondering, is it a strong adhesive? What if I need to change the part in the future?

Unlikely, but most automotive adhesives can be cut or scraped away with a razor

and we don't glue motors back together!

Members online

Back