What pads and rotors are people using for daily drivers?

tirefryr

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
SO I am in need of a brake job. The past two vehicles I have had an issue with noisy brakes. I've tried so many different compounds and rotors. So what is preferential to you guys on your daily driven Marks?

Currently

Regular front Raybestos rotors from PB and rear rotors from AZ.
Raybestos Ceramic fronts and middle of the road semi met rears.

I've had no better luck with premium rotors throughout my years so I just buy the regular ones now, no complaints.

Fwiw, I've never had issues with AZ Ceramics.

I put Wagner Thermo-Quiet on my 95 and like them so I put them on my 98. Both cars have orginal rotors. They work very well and never heard any noise, and they seem to last.

Cheap rotors and oreillys ceramic pads. Worked just fine.

Will be trying Wagner thermo quiet next time.

Pad choice is much more important than rotor choice.

When I do my brakes I clean the rotors witn 80 grit emery cloth then with fine emery. Yea both sides. They get a lot of crap cooked on them. A good cleaning normally gets rid of pulsing brakes.

I nannowed down what I thought was my warped rotor/pulsing brake problem to worn out LCA front bushings.

I don't have any issues other than the noise. The loud shriek when stopping.

Both. It seems to be plaguing me as of late and I can't figure it out.

Do you lube the back of the pads? Some pads have plastic/Teflon stickers on the backs to prevent vibration. Some give you a little packet of lube. If you did this then try cleaning the rotors Old pads I give a quick sanding

I don't think it's vibration rather just the noise from the pad material contacting the rotor. I apply a thin coat of Lubriplate on all surfaces where the pads move and use stop-squeak on all pad mating surfaces. I have had the issue under normal braking, but not heavy braking, so I am attributing it to materials. It just makes no sense to me.

EBC rotors on the front, O'Reilly's rotors on the rear....Wagner thermoquiets all around...no complaints

Members online

No members online now.
Back