needing some rocker panel help

kelcifer

LVC Member
Reaction score
i am looking at picking up a 98 lsc collectors edition for cheap. it has 225k miles on the motor and tranny but the motor sounds great and i can rebuild the tranny. the problem is the rockers the drivers side is completely gone (nothing one the doors, fenders, or in the car) but it also went to a section of the metal under the body noramally where you would want to jack it up to work on the rear tire. the passenger side is not nearly as bad and that can get sanded and patched without a problem. i cant take it for a drive because one of the tranny lines up front is cracked and the break line is leaking but those are easy fixes been there done that type of deal. should i pass this car up? the interior is great save for one little spot on the headliner that needs replacement. sun roof and leather "soft top" look on pearl white. should i go buy it and try to fix it or pass it up? how hard is it to do rocker panels on these cars? i have two types of lifts available to me and the tools i need plus welders. the rest of the car under carriage is spotless. i really want the car but i need to find rocker panels to replace the drivers side and patch that body that is rusted out.
Easiest way to get ahold of me is email or text.
Kelcifersdragons@yahoo.com
Thanks and have a wonderful day!

$1200? You must be getting a deal less than that, right? Because new tire's don't cost more than $1200.

Tranny problems, missing rocker, 225,000. I'd say about scrap price. $400 and it still might not be worth the trouble.

Assuming you're getting it for <$700 i'd just part it out. The ce steering wheel, shifter, door scripts and ext badges could probably recoupe most of the money spent.. Then if all the lenses/bulbs are in good condition that's another 450-550. If you're really looking for a project go for it, I just don't see it being worth the trouble. Buy it to make some money if you can get it cheap enough.

I remember seeing that awhile ago. I think the guy is in the salvage business See how bad the rust is and then part it out

the tranny fluid isnt burnt and its clean. its just leaking from one of the lines. i could patch it up tonight and drive it home.

That is so freaky looking at that picture. Reminds me of the time I first laid my eyes on my car. That's how my '97 kinda looked when I got her just sitting like that, abandoned out in the field.

image.jpg

except mine was in worse condition, slammed to the ground on all four corners, weeds and vines growing through the grille and the spokes, mold on the paint, dents everywhere and engine did not crank.

I bought her anyway.

A little bit of work later...no, actually alot!

image.jpg

now here she is today! ...all dents PDRed

image.jpg

image.jpg

Holy Cow Great Job 97! I'm Paying For Her Tomorrow. I'm Having Her Towed Home. There's Something About That Car That Says Take Me Home Even Tho I Normally Wouldn't Go For The Rotted Rockers.

listen if you do take her home pm me ok. thanks for saving me the trip up man. im intrested in some part

Members online

Back