Mark VIII Craigslist finds!!!

Good thing you didn't there's no breaks and that tranny line is pouring fluid. Moving the car a hundred yards it lost 3/4 of the tranny fluid.

heres one i want to pick up and its local to me. heres a couple of the biggest problems with it. rocker panels are trash. drivers side is gone but the passengers side can be saved. the drivers side hasnt gone to the front fender, door, or rear 1/4 panel nor inside the car. however it has gone under a section of the body but that too is small and can be patched. the break line sprung a leak and the front tranny line cracked. brake and tranny lines no prob to fix for me. this car has been sitting since aug 2011 and has 225k miles. now i can get this car cheaper then the cost of 4 new tires (which it also needs) is it worth it? the motor and tranny are original and the motor sounds good. the inside is nice as well. the biggest problem to me is those rockers. rest of the car is good and just needs a good cleaning and some minor work. should i buy it try to fix it or buy it and part it? i really want another mark 8 and for the price i cant seem to pass it up even tho its going to take some cash to fix.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3994756844.html

Why does everyone have to be so damn cheap? Why not just spend $3000 on a solid nice lower mile mark..rather than buying an $800 pile just because its a CE..and then spending a few thousand more on fixing it/finding parts/body work/paint. If the rockers are GONE thats a lot of rust..just wait till you have to start taking things apart..it will not be fun. Just find a clean one and be done with it. Besides that roof is uglier than hell.

and this one is a few minutes away from me.
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3929746431.html

This sounds like a good deal, almost too good if you ask me. Theres gotta be something he's not telling/showing you.

I don't have an extra 3k laying around though. It's hard to find a decent mark in new England with no rust. I might go take a look at the one in Nashua. That one says no rust. We will see

the interior is in good shape the headliner is ripped but the seats, dash, shift, wheel ect are in good shape. i'll keep you posted on it.

bringing home the white lsc ce car guys. once i get her up on jack stands and take a better gander at it i will let you all know if shes getting stripped down or fixed up.
in the mean time....
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3978352371.html
needs a drivers seat, clunks in the rear right side possible strut or sway bar link, passenger side door handle, right front headlight looks fogged up, and the speedo/ gage cluster doesnt work. turns on when starts up flashes and turns off. it does have a new set of tires and paint job and no rust.

heres his story:
he works with a new car dealer. they got this car in for trade and the dealer didnt want to keep it on the lot so gave it to him at the trade cost. he doesnt want to fix the minor things on it to up the price. he also told me 800+300=1250.... he wanted me to drive down today to see it but i couldnt because i was on call for work :p. he only has weds and thursday off and those are the only two days available to go down to see it. he drove it a couple times even tho the speedo doesnt read. said it drives strong and shifts great. i wanted to drive down and drive the car home. but i couldnt get them money up in time to pick it up today. by the sound of it the car is worth the asking price all day long and he knows this.
as for talking on the price... im not sure he will budge for another couple weeks. im sure they only gave 500-800 in trade. saying that cash talks. on the phone he kept trying to get me to go down and bring it home and saying that it would only take another 500 to make the car a $2500 car. i emailed asking what the lowest cash offer he would be willing to take before he called and he said $1250.

the guy with the blue base in ri emailed this morning saying if i brought 1100 today before noon i could have the car.
the story about the ce im picking up in a few hours is that is was bought for a girl new by her dad and she drove the ever living hell out it hence the 225k miles. she drove it until 2011 and parked it because im assuming the rockers were bad and they couldnt get her inspected. there she sat until a couple weeks ago. after sitting the father of the bf of the sister of the owner of the car moved the lincoln out of the woods and to the parking lot of his business complex. that was when the tranny line let go and im assuming the break line. the girl gave the car to her sisters bf and since he doesnt need it or want to take the time to work on it he asked his dad to sell it or junk it. so im bringing her home today after i patch the lines and take her for a drive. for the price i can either try to fix her or just strip her.

That's a good deal on the headlights..if I didn't already have my originals and two sets of lsc housings I'd pick them up lol..too many parts

Members online

No members online now.
Back