Mark VIII Craigslist finds!!!

Hey Lvc family , I'm back looking for another Lincoln mark VIII . Regret selling my silver 95 . I'm looking around Texas ok, nm, and Louisiana .

**** guys i just spend the last two days driving around to everyone saying there car was perfect and nothing but ****.

today i just drop from long island to nj to look at what was said to be a 98 base in mint shape turned out to be a 97 base with **** problems un ****ing real

Spend a few hundred extra, fly down south and buy one with low miles and no rust or problems..they are everywhere in florida..talk to the person on the phone and ask a bunch of questions and ask for tons of pics.

good lord just go buy a honda.

:lol:

demotivational_poster-12979.jpg

demotivational_poster-12979.jpg

listen im not starting here im a very picky person. ok i dont even need the car just looking to make a project out of one ok. thanks about the honda joke that had me rolling lol

i have and everyone give me the run around> the salt in the air kills floirda cars to

Go look at the under carriage of a 15 year old daily driven florida car near the coast and then check out a 15 year old daily driven east coast car..and tell me which one is "killed". The salt moisture in the air near the ocean may cause a little surface rust but salty slushy roads cause cars to rot out muuch worse. And besides if you're going down south to find a car it should be one that's been garaged all its life with low miles..not a $2000 beater. I come across clean mark viiis all the time searching chicago's crsigslist. Its not thaat difficult..do a little searching instead of just coming to LVC and saying "I need a 98 mark viii! Somone help me"

Btw there are plenty of other states besides Florida that have dry climates that are nowhere near the ocean.

PM MyGreat8....he may know something, I don't think the salt air in Fla kills cars...the baking sun however is a different story for paint and int trim

i have and everyone give me the run around> the salt in the air kills floirda cars to

Salt in the air?!?!? Who the fvck told you that bullsh!t?

SALTINAIR_zps1afd5015.jpg

Your lack of knowledge is just hilarious! I guess we are all riding rust buckets down here in Florida & didn't even know it.

OMG! Look at my prairie tan... OH NO! It's falling apart. Look at those chunks of rust!!!

20130820_164921_zps613761e7.jpg

OMG! My blue on black... I think I'm going to part it out. Not road worthy anymore! It's a pile of rust!

20130820_164808_zps9232179d.jpg

The picture below is from my F-150. From 2002 - 2009 I hauled 7 different waverunners almost every weekend to the Florida Keys. I own a couple timeshare rentals down there. This truck has tasted more salt water than a Cuban rafter! Pretty damn clean!

20130820_164855_zps733ccc4b.jpg

I guess this "Salt in the air" theory is true. It just "kills" our cars!

lmao_zps92e675c1.png

Go look at the under carriage of a 15 year old daily driven florida car near the coast and then check out a 15 year old daily driven east coast car..and tell me which one is "killed". The salt moisture in the air near the ocean may cause a little surface rust but salty slushy roads cause cars to rot out muuch worse. And besides if you're going down south to find a car it should be one that's been garaged all its life with low miles..not a $2000 beater. I come across clean mark viiis all the time searching chicago's crsigslist. Its not thaat difficult..do a little searching instead of just coming to LVC and saying "I need a 98 mark viii! Somone help me"

Btw there are plenty of other states besides Florida that have dry climates that are nowhere near the ocean.

Thank you!

I live near alex and my mark viii is rust free also and its a florida car....it all depends were the car comes from.

Posted via Topify using Android

just saying guys not everyone on here has to be scum bags... lol jk listen i have a home in fort Lauderdale and i have keep cars in garage and **** still has the white salt **** all over not saying heavy rust. and i know what the weather in new york does. im just not flight to florida or to cali to get a car its not that big of a deal.

heres one i want to pick up and its local to me. heres a couple of the biggest problems with it. rocker panels are trash. drivers side is gone but the passengers side can be saved. the drivers side hasnt gone to the front fender, door, or rear 1/4 panel nor inside the car. however it has gone under a section of the body but that too is small and can be patched. the break line sprung a leak and the front tranny line cracked. brake and tranny lines no prob to fix for me. this car has been sitting since aug 2011 and has 225k miles. now i can get this car cheaper then the cost of 4 new tires (which it also needs) is it worth it? the motor and tranny are original and the motor sounds good. the inside is nice as well. the biggest problem to me is those rockers. rest of the car is good and just needs a good cleaning and some minor work. should i buy it try to fix it or buy it and part it? i really want another mark 8 and for the price i cant seem to pass it up even tho its going to take some cash to fix.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3994756844.html

When did you talk to him? I just looked at that car yesterday. It's not worth the 800. And he knows this. Plus you can't drive it without fixing the leaks. Not sure what he's smoking...

Members online

No members online now.
Back