How to connect a Sub and Amp 02 LS w/ Alpine Factory HELP

jgscott

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Please help. I have a 02 LS V8 sport w/Alpine system. I have a small sub and Mono amp I want to connect. Where is the proper palce to tie the Amp in ?

Do I connect at the head unit w/ Line Level converters, or can I wire into the rear deck speakers or rear factory amp?

Thanks

Those are subs in the rear deck. And the rear factory sub amp is mono. You shouldn't have much trouble. The only possible issue is that the remote turn on signal from the factory headunit is only 7.5 volts or so. With some aftermarket amps, that is enough. With others, it is not.

Note that since you have factory subs, you can't use a line converter on the speaker outputs because the low frequencies are already filtered out by the headunit. Just use the mono sub out audio signal. It's already at the right (line) level.

Those are subs in the rear deck. And the rear factory sub amp is mono. You shouldn't have much trouble. The only possible issue is that the remote turn on signal from the factory headunit is only 7.5 volts or so. With some aftermarket amps, that is enough. With others, it is not.

Note that since you have factory subs, you can't use a line converter on the speaker outputs because the low frequencies are already filtered out by the headunit. Just use the mono sub out audio signal. It's already at the right (line) level.

^ this.

I did the same thing you're trying to do (amp/sub on factory HU). Except I made the mistake of tapping in to speaker wires at the HU without the knowledge of them being crossed over (no low frequency submission, which subwoofers operate off from.)

You need to tap your LoC in to the "sub out's" behind the HU (or elsewhere if desired), then run your RCA's from there to your amp.

Hope this helps, goodluck and God bless.

Ok Im confused. This is a sperate standalone mono Alpine sub amp, with a Xtant 12 sub.

I'm keeping the factory non navi Alpine Factory Lincoln LS unit. So where do I tap into the system? At the rear factory sub amp in the trunk, or at the Factory head unit? And which wires? Sorry I'm so dumb about this.;(

What they are telling you is that the signal wires going to the factory amp are already the correct line level to use for the amp's signal input, no line out converter required. They also said that the factory HU remote wire only puts out about 7.5 volts, enough for some amps not enough for others.

If it were me, I would lengthen the rear amp inputs and add rca jacks to plug into the amp, wire it all up correctly and see if the factory remote wire turned on my amp. I do believe some members have tied into the signal wire that turns on the fuel pumps to turn on amplifiers if the factory remote wire is not enough.

here are the wire colors on your lincoln

The trunk connector (on the drivers side) is number C465 and the sub audio uses these pins:
1 = yellow/red: switched hot
3 = shield for low level audio signal
5 = red: constant power from battery junction box fuse F418 (20 amps)
7 = white/red: low level LEFT audio signal
8 = grey/red: low level RIGHT audio signal

Interesting thread, I had been looking for this specific info a couple years ago and searched but obviously wasn't using the right combination of key words (and then gave up, and then sold the car) :) jgscott, there is still hope for you ! Get that thing pounding!

Members online

No members online now.
Back