What did you do to your LS today?

Hahaha. he does pretty good for not even being two yet. he is on my heels at all times. my daughter washed it for me with a hand full of gravel when i first got it. i actually kept my cool and just explained how sad i was and she learned her lesson.

We were in the process of purchasing a new '96 Sable. This was pre-internet days so the process was long and tedious! The salesman offered my 3 1/2 year old daughter and 11 1/2 old son a soda. She chose an Orange Crush (don't remember my son's order) and both kids were off and running. We finally made the deal and were getting ready to leave. I got my daughter buckled into her booster seat and she promptly barfed orange soda all over the seat! I'm VERY impressed with the fabric protector Ford uses!

LOL ... kids, can't get angry with them, too precious.

so far today i took the rear spoiler off the car and , just waiting for it to cool down , to get that gunk off where the spoiler used to sit at, , looks horrible, left two giant scratched on it, wondering if i made a mistake in taking it off

also as you an see the "C" fell off the lincoln , so what better reason to debadge while im at it

ps, any pictures of the 7 spoke wheels plasti dipped on a black LS? i saw th plasti thread but only saw it on a diff color car
20130817_132304.jpg20130817_132344.jpg20130817_132218.jpg20130817_132253.jpg

20130817_132304.jpg

20130817_132344.jpg

20130817_132218.jpg

20130817_132253.jpg

Mine looked very similar when i removed the spoiler i had. Tried covering the holes with some color matched plugs, but inevitably the clear started flaking off. I'd bet the same will happen witb yours. Do you plan to have it refinished or whats the plan? New spoiler maybe to cover the holes up?

Update on how the tensioner goes Mark. I just got a belt and i'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do the tensioner.

What a PITA. The best way to do all three is with the upper and lower hoses removed. This would provide ample room to get everything done. I didn't feel like doing that and wasting fuel by bleeding the system, so I chose to just work around them. I removed a metal bracket on the pass side valve cover to gain more room, but nothing else besides that.

The tensioner bolt was way too tight, had to get out my 24" breaker bar to get it to nudge. Both were pretty much equally as hard to access. Good thing I had a full set of flex-head gear wrenches, these made the job 100x easier IMO.

Both pulleys were perfect, no noises or anything, butter smooth. I kinda feel like I wasted $100 and a few hours of work.

Mine looked very similar when i removed the spoiler i had. Tried covering the holes with some color matched plugs, but inevitably the clear started flaking off. I'd bet the same will happen witb yours. Do you plan to have it refinished or whats the plan? New spoiler maybe to cover the holes up?

well i want the a 3 piece spoiler , but that will have to wait, if worse comes to worse and it does start chipping, my sister owns a Wrecker bussiness and has an abandoned Gen 1 Black LS in there , so all i have to do is ask

well i want the a 3 piece spoiler , but that will have to wait, if worse comes to worse and it does start chipping, my sister owns a Wrecker bussiness and has an abandoned Gen 1 Black LS in there , so all i have to do is ask

I would ask and have it at the ready!! Someone else may snatch it up.....

Replaced all front suspension parts, struts front rear, new rotors, brake shoes. Front end aligned. State inspection. $1,500 parts labor. Good day!

got bugs on the front-end going for milk this morning, it was all de-bugged and polished.

Today: replaced rear view mirror with one that has a compass.

This past week: replaced all door speakers and rewired the whole sound system.

On the todo list:

Replace brake lamp connector on passenger side.

Find out why windshield washer fluid doesn't work. Blockage or motor. Leaning towards blockage since I hear motor running when button pushed.

FUN TIMES!

Yesterday installed angel eyes and clear corners. Stealth chrome turn signal bulbs all around, changed out fog light bulbs, installed K&N cold air intake. Still a lot left to do.

Yesterday installed angel eyes and clear corners. Stealth chrome turn signal bulbs all around, changed out fog light bulbs, installed K&N cold air intake. Still a lot left to do.

Post some pics up..I wanna see this color!

Picked up some oil change stuff and put on new valve stem caps. One of mine cracked trying to use it to plug a p/s line, it was worth a shot.

Contemplated doing everything I want to do to the car before my grace period is up on student loans, e.g. springs or coil overs, bbk, '06 conversion. I want to have fun while I still can.

Picked up some oil change stuff and put on new valve stem caps. One of mine cracked trying to use it to plug a p/s line, it was worth a shot.

Contemplated doing everything I want to do to the car before my grace period is up on student loans, e.g. springs or coil overs, bbk, '06 conversion. I want to have fun while I still can.

Do eeeeetttt!!!

Do eeeeetttt!!!

Maybe after this awful sound is gone. Might be asking for help come September to pin point it. Btw, our options for lower ball joints is going to be Moog, and press it in. FPG doesn't carry the knuckle/ball joint anymore. :/

Look up Mevotech. I think Soopa ordered lowers and they had ball joints in them already. I have a set of Mevotech uppers at home, ordered from RockAuto, in the garage waiting to go in that I can check too if you want.

Members online

Back