What did you do to your LS today?

Started making a booster cable hookup for my car. That was the worst part about having to get jumped or help someone jump their car is taking out the sub box to do it. Also making my own set of booster cables. KnuKonceptz.com is the cat's pajamas by the way.

Where are you putting yours?

I felt the same way when I battery was bad and I had to get jumped every other day. I got a new battery but I still ended up putting one on the right side of the trunk, right below the trunk arm. It's pretty hidden and has a red post cover. For ground, I sanded down the little hook right next to the trunk light , about 10" away from the + post, very convenient.

Recently resurfaced my rotors, upgraded to ceramic pads, ss brake lines up front. Need to install the end links, tie rods, and lowering springs sitting in my garage.

Why only SS lines up front?

Felt like it would be the best bang for my buck considering how biased the braking in the LS is towards the front corners.

Where are you putting yours?

I felt the same way when I battery was bad and I had to get jumped every other day. I got a new battery but I still ended up putting one on the right side of the trunk, right below the trunk arm. It's pretty hidden and has a red post cover. For ground, I sanded down the little hook right next to the trunk light , about 10" away from the + post, very convenient.

I'm running a Breakaway DC Power Connector with 4ga. cables to the battery and ground. It's mounted on the rear trunk latch cover. To accompany this this I'm making my own set of booster cables with the same disconnect. For the price of materials, I'm certain the quality of the cables surpasses the quality of store bought booster cables of similiar price. Will have pics when I'm finished with it.

Ahh .. wait, is that 175A break away connector going to be enough for boosting other cars with ?
I was under the impression that upwards around 500-600-700 Cold Cranking amps could pass through, No ?

(checking batteries now)

Ahh .. wait, is that 175A break away connector going to be enough for boosting other cars with ?
I was under the impression that upwards around 500-600-700 Cold Cranking amps could pass through, No ?

(checking batteries now)

You are right, but that is the total going to the starter. Usually, the bad/weak battery is still providing a lot of that. Also, starting current is often closer to 300/400 amps continuous (700 is more of a worst case peak figure).
This is why jump starting frequently won't work if the battery in the car is completely dead. The jumper cables and alligator clamps simply won't transfer enough current.

In this case, the 175A connector should work as long as the battery in the car has some function. I see it as more of a way to very rapidly charge the battery just enough so that the car will start.

Thanks Joe, yeah I was just reading up on it ... never really gave it much thought before. I see "Alternators Should have current limits built into them"
CCA is available Amps over duration. Cold-Cranking Amperage (CCA) of an automotive battery is the amount of current a battery can deliver for 30 seconds at zero (0) degrees F.

Battery supplies only what is required. I read some samples upwards of 80 Amp max on some models.

NVM

----EDIT: "Most any small automotive starter is going to draw 75-150 amps"

Felt like it would be the best bang for my buck considering how biased the braking in the LS is towards the front corners.

Actually, the rear rotors are vented because there is so much rear bias. On all my LSes I have worn out the rear pads equally as the front. I would install SS lines on all 4 corners.

added some stickers to my LS

w293.jpg

w293.jpg

At least the tips look good....

I drove mine to work today, and admired how clean it still looked because I drove 5 MPH down the 1/4 mile gravel drive.

Why is the deck lid partially open?? Multiple bodies???

I meant it as why only the front and not all 4.

Actually, the rear rotors are vented because there is so much rear bias. On all my LSes I have worn out the rear pads equally as the front. I would install SS lines on all 4 corners.

+1

BigRig and Joe, thanks for clearing that up. It wasn't something that I even thought about considering what I've seen online. Pretty much just went in blind with it. It's reassuring that someone here thinks lol.

Also, Lincoln center caps came in today. I ordered them for an '06 expecting them to be gray. They're chrome, what gives?

are those the ones from amazon that you can install with the needles on

are those the ones from amazon that you can install with the needles on

Yes. i actually got em from ebay but they are the same ones. I was weary about buying them and tried to talk myself out of it for 2 weeks but finally said screw it and bought em.

G I like what you did to your LS today! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like a recent pic due to the new rear glass spoiler, why were you not able to put the rear plate back on evenly.
The trunk is ajar most likely cuz your sub box it too tall?

Installed the rear map leds..floor board leds..new reverse leds...trunk led...tryna figure out how to put in the 2 front map leds n tryna figure out to get the darn bulb out of the glove box to put the new leds in :( so if u have any links showing or explaining how for 2006 with a sunroof...hook me up plzzzz hahaa!

Members online

No members online now.
Back