New life for the LS

PNWLINCOLN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I'd start my own feed here instead of clogging up another thread here that's dedicated to daily things done to the LS.

So here goes a little history of my current 00 LS, I picked up in June in alright shape, when i first saw it i knew it was in need of some work to bring it back to reputable LS status, the individual i purchased it from was asking $3000.00 I offered $2500.00 he took it and now I'm the owner of this black Lincoln LS Sport.
IMG_0074.jpg

Needed:

Driver's side mirror Done
Driver's side door handle Done
Rear view mirror Done
Passenger side plastic window clips (that was fun...) Done
COP's and plugs replaced Done
Clock spring Done
Timing chain tensioners Done
Body work, paint was peeling from rear bumper and had some dents on the rear doors Done partially
Headlight lens polished Done

Recently Installed:

5000K HID's
V-LEDS 5000K Interior lights and front turn signals
Umnitza Orion V2 90 Led Angel Eyes
IMG_0185.jpg
IMG_0187.jpg
IMG_0174.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
View attachment 828460116
IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg

Bodywork:

Sanded and filled what was needed, shot primer wet sanded that, then shot the base coat wet sanded that, shot clear wet sanded that and then went to cut and polish it all out and my not so trusty polisher crapped out on me, so now Im waiting on parts to repair polisher so i can finalize the paint work.
IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg

I'll be adding to this thread periodically to update the progress of bringing new life back to the LS so stay tuned.:cool:

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my parts for my polisher so i could get started on bringing the paint back from wet sanding, just finished with it and here is the results from all my hard work, got a lil over spray to clean up but other then that I'm really stoked about the outcome.
IMG_0256.jpgIMG_0259.jpgIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0264.jpgIMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

Nice work on the bumper! Looks like a great LS, enjoy. With all that mechanical work out of the way it should be a great car.

Did you do that paint work with a spray can?

Nice work on the bumper! Looks like a great LS, enjoy. With all that mechanical work out of the way it should be a great car.

Did you do that paint work with a spray can?

Yes it was all done with Duplicolor spray cans.

Really ?

That's amazing results for rattle can. I read you wet sanded and did the clear, then wet sanded again. then polished it.

very nice results IMO

Kudos!

Really ?

That's amazing results for rattle can. I read you wet sanded and did the clear, then wet sanded again. then polished it.

very nice results IMO

Kudos!

Yes really all out of rattle cans, you just have to spray a lot on and pack some patience and follow through with your wet sanding steps and then onto cutting it then polishing/waxing it.

+1

May just do my own bumper covers then ... can't wait for my neighbors shop to free up any longer.

It all comes down to patience, a steady hand and following through with each step, I hear yeah on the shop not being available I just couldn't wait any longer knowing I was driver the LS around looking like it did, that's not how I roll :D

Impressive work for a rattle can. Absolutely amazed. WOW!!!!! Great work.

PNW...the new rattle can master. Very impressive work. Looks like you've done alot to revive your LS. Keep it coming...it will become an addiction if it hasnt already

Ha lol! ;) as most of you already know once you start on these cars with the goodies or like myself revitalizing, its very hard for it not to become an addiction, which is a far better addiction to have then some others.

Ha lol! ;) as most of you already know once you start on these cars with the goodies or like myself revitalizing, its very hard for it not to become an addiction, which is a far better addiction to have then some others.

My wife says 'If he's in the garage, he's not drunk at the strip club'

Haha wouldn't be the first to put a pole in the garage Hite!

Thought id post the pic's of the timing chain tensioners being replaced, sure glad i replaced when i did things would've gotten super ugly for the LS had i waited any longer. For any of you thinking you should get this done or know it needs to be done DO NOT HESITATE!
IMG_0323.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0312.jpgIMG_0313.jpgIMG_0318.jpgIMG_0319.jpgIMG_0320.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0322.jpgIMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

NICE !!!! Thousand thanks for the great "lifting of the cam" pics. tiewraps = best idea ever!

All torq'd back down correctly and runs good again ?

Thanks! yeah i saw and heard about the tie wraps and am so glad i found out about them, made the whole process super easy with out worrying about the cams spinning out of time, torqued everything back down per factory specs and reinstalled everything fired it up and wow it was so nice to not hear the annoying heart dropping sound of the chain slapping around in there.

My current sound system is Kenwood HU and Focal door speakers but it was lacking the bass, so i spent a lil money today and gave it 2 10" MTX Magnums and a 400x1 mono amp its just right for completing the system with out drawing attention and being annoying, i can feel it in the seat of my pants and thats all good by me.
IMG_0332.jpgIMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Cleaned the LS up today and headed out to the beach for dinner with the wife and daughter
IMG_4137 copy.jpg

IMG_4137 copy.jpg

Decided to wait until the exhaust tips came in to do the exhaust work, well they finally came in so sometime this week I'll be having my way with the old stocker set up.
IMG_0021.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Wow inspiring me to rattle can my bumpers lol, amazing job

Members online

No members online now.
Back