My new project (Slow project thread). Definitely different.

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
Ok guys, only a couple pictures now as this is the very beginning. Only a couple members on here know about this idea I've had in the back of my mind for about 4 months now. When I got my donor Mark I knew the project was a lot more probable now that I have the perfect donor. Rust free car! Here it is. A Photoshopped picture of what I will be doing.

This is the Photoshopped image of the finished product:

Project1_zpsbf10cd7c.png

The donor:

20130602_172100_zps622ded38.jpg

I will keep you guys posted. I'm still parting out the donor car. Still taking apart things i need plus parts I will end up selling soon but now you guys know. The back half is the future project of a Mark trailer. I'm still not sure if I will leave the seats in place so that I can use it to sit at car shows or just convert it all to storage space. We shall see.

is it gonna have air ride? LOL.

You want to know what's the funny thing about that? We bought this car with the front end slammed but the rear is still on air. It's been sitting on the air bags since we parked it 5 weeks ago. More than likely I will swap to a Mustang rear end because I need a solid axle to weld the bars to pull the trailer!

I think you should turn it into a tow along bbq instead.

I think you should turn it into a tow along bbq instead.

I want something very maintenance free... A BBQ get's super dirty. I don't tailgate anyway. I don't do football so it makes no sense & if I'm to go to the park I'd take my truck or SUV. This makes a nice travel trailer for trips to the Keys, car shows, etc...

Thats a cool idea Alex. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm interested in buying that chrome neon, if it's in good shape, as I'm sure you will go with a painted version on the final product.

Thats a cool idea Alex. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm interested in buying that chrome neon, if it's in good shape, as I'm sure you will go with a painted version on the final product.

I will definitely go with the painted version but unfortunately I don't have the budget to buy another neon so this one will get painted to match.

I absolutely LOVE this idea. That's about the only thing that I would want obstructing the view of my MK8. And it would be monumentally handy to have the extra storage for trips. Can't wait, Alex!

Pretty cool idea Alex.
Then again, something about putting a hitch on the mark and bringing up air ride in the same thread sounds very "Ed Hall" like.

Project1_zpsbf10cd7c.png

Your "photoshop" skills leave a lot to be desired. ;)

j/k Sounds like a cool project. Good luck!

I want something very maintenance free... A BBQ get's super dirty. I don't tailgate anyway. I don't do football so it makes no sense & if I'm to go to the park I'd take my truck or SUV. This makes a nice travel trailer for trips to the Keys, car shows, etc...

My bad, forgot you lived in Miami. I don't blame you for not being much of a football fan.

Unless their winning of course.....

Pretty cool idea Alex.
Then again, something about putting a hitch on the mark and bringing up air ride in the same thread sounds very "Ed Hall" like.

LMAO! I don't have air ride on my Mark so that's one less thing I have to worry about.

My bad, forgot you lived in Miami. I don't blame you for not being much of a football fan.

Unless their winning of course.....

Winning & Miami Dolphins don't go in the same sentence. Lol.

our teams all suck except for the heat......and Alex I like the idea but tell me what are you planning on carrying in there?....I love the bar-b-q idea.....you can put something under it so you can make it easy to clean.

I've also wanted to do this too
I'd use it for car shows you know the stuff you need like cooler tent grill
Also for track weekends for tools tires spare parts.

our teams all suck except for the heat......and Alex I like the idea but tell me what are you planning on carrying in there?....I love the bar-b-q idea.....you can put something under it so you can make it easy to clean.

I've also wanted to do this too
I'd use it for car shows you know the stuff you need like cooler tent grill
Also for track weekends for tools tires spare parts.

What he said... It's not creating the trailer with a motive in mind. It's creating the trailer to have fun with the project. As for what to use it for? Definitely car shows, a nice drive to the Keys, luggage, etc... It's the wow factor. Ppl will look at it & say; "Wow"

ya..............NO!

sorry that's all I have to say....if I saw that in my neighborhood my mark would be up for sale instantly

I've seen it done with a 97-04 dakota and that was extremly lame....but opinions are like *******s everyone has them

ya..............NO!

sorry that's all I have to say....if I saw that in my neighborhood my mark would be up for sale instantly

I've seen it done with a 97-04 dakota and that was extremly lame....but opinions are like *******s everyone has them

Ontario you say? I'm driving by you very soon! Once you put your car up for sale I'll buy it, cut it up & do the same project all over again! lmao. ---- I'm still trying to figure out why a back half Mark trailer would make someone else sell their car! lol...

Ontario you say? I'm driving by you very soon! Once you put your car up for sale I'll buy it, cut it up & do the same project all over again! lmao. ---- I'm still trying to figure out why a back half Mark trailer would make someone else sell their car! lol...

I'm 15 away from ambassador bridge. Just not feeling it thats all, and Id sell my car cause I wouldnt want to be accused of being the guy with is half car trailer thingy. All good man a build thread I might only peak into out of curiousity

I'm 15 away from ambassador bridge. Just not feeling it thats all, and Id sell my car cause I wouldnt want to be accused of being the guy with is half car trailer thingy. All good man a build thread I might only peak into out of curiousity

I know dude. Just busting your chops. You don't have to dig it. It could be worst. I could paint it yellow, put a huge wing on it & a mammoth front bumper with offroad fog lights!
:lol:

Cool Idea, I've see a bunch of bel-airs, 50's caddys and early t-brids with back halfed trailers. Should be able to pick up a 7.5 rear out of a V6 stang cheap. Hope the neon and turn signals will still be functional.

Cool Idea, I've see a bunch of bel-airs, 50's caddys and early t-brids with back halfed trailers. Should be able to pick up a 7.5 rear out of a V6 stang cheap. Hope the neon and turn signals will still be functional.

That neon has me worried. If I can't figure out a way of making it fully functional (brake & all) then I'll wire it to a small battery & mount the battery in the trailer trunk.
;)

As long as the ballast is in place it should power up and function just like normal with power from the trailer plug; just a matter of finding the correct wires.

Members online

Back