Delrin Bushings lower control arm and knuckle

Sorry it's been very crazy at work and home this week. I am getting the final quote together. Material is ordered and on its way.

I talked to an auto shop specializing in suspension and alignment repairs today and they quoted me about $700 to install the rear LCA/knuckle bushings

$700 is WAY steep to do the job on a Mark 8, IMHO. The bushings on the MN12 cast iron LCA's are a pain, but the bushings in the FN10 aluminum LCA's are a piece of cake. The knuckle bushings on both the MN12 and the FN10 are easy peezy, too.

I'm interested in set. I know racecougar from the SCCoA, and TBU. I'm happy someone is picking these up!!

Regards,
Chris

Hope I'm not too late to the thread, but I am also interested in a set. If it matters, racecougar is a friend of mine.

Thanks,
Kurt

No, you guys aren't to late. We have actually ordered material and are working on getting the final quote together. I have been on vac this week and didn't get it all together before i left. When i get back next week i will get a finalized price and hit everyone up for a deposit to see who is acutally in or out. Sorry that I haven't got this done yet.

Ok guys have the estimate done, and since some people are needing these yesterday material is ordered... should start machining on these this week. I'm hoping that everyone is still wanting a set. Details are:

$400 + shipping (most likely $10-15)

$50 deposit/set

Final bill will be sent when product is in the box and ready to ship. Your $50 deposit will be taken off your final $400(+ shipping) price.

I will also need a measurement of the width of your upper knuckle on each side. The bushings have to be custom made for each set specific to your car because of tolerance issues.

Paypal info is:

ibboonie81@hotmail.com

Check or money order can be mailed to:

Cass County Machine Inc.
11832 Arenz Ln
Beardstown IL 62618

If sending a check/mo just shoot me a pm or let me know. It seems with the mail these days one never knows how long it will take.

due to a family emergency, ill be having to wait until the middle of september to order these, i need everything i can get right now for a funeral.

i am extremely sorry to have to do this, and i very much so hope that you still have these ready to go when im able to buy them.

due to a family emergency, ill be having to wait until the middle of september to order these, i need everything i can get right now for a funeral.

i am extremely sorry to have to do this, and i very much so hope that you still have these ready to go when im able to buy them.

Not a problem. The reality is that there will most likely be more than one person that can't swing it right now. It is the reason I'm asking for a deposit to help get a solid count. I'm going to run ten sets, unless more than ten people send a deposit. If there are any of the ten left it will be a first come first serve basis. We can do another ten set run at a later date if there are enough people interested at the time.

469085_10152281160590533_676010266_o_zpsdec671c1.jpg

Just double checking, but that $400 is for all the bushing in this picture X2?

That's a good price. I'm in a bit over $150 on materials to rebush a Cobra subframe and the control arms and pumpkin. Add in the hours machining and it really adds up.

It may be a while before I have the measurements, but you have a deposit. ;)

Measurement isn't that big of a deal at the moment since lube coating will be a few weeks. I would like to have all measurements in a few weeks though. That way I can run all the sets at once. Ill let you when it really becomes necessary if you don't have it by then.

Also I have been getting PayPal deposits and so far I know who everyone is but if possible could you guys put a username as well as delrin bushing deposit in the description/notes to help me keep track of who has paid. Thanks guys!

MICHAEL and I have noticed that with the bushings the tires don't rub like they use to and when you turn it is solid no shift. it takes a while to free up when you first start driving. in cool weather it is stiffer but frees up. still have to put more miles on it but love the way it gets it on from a stop.JD

That's a good price. I'm in a bit over $150 on materials to rebush a Cobra subframe and the control arms and pumpkin. Add in the hours machining and it really adds up.

It's just over the threshold of "yeah sure, why the hell not" and more in the "let me think about it" But I'm planning on whole saleing the front and rear sub frame with all new suspension. Just in the collect parts phase for now.

Jeb, where you the one also making solid shock mounts? I can't keep any one straight anymore.

It's just over the threshold of "yeah sure, why the hell not" and more in the "let me think about it" But I'm planning on whole saleing the front and rear sub frame with all new suspension. Just in the collect parts phase for now.

Jeb, where you the one also making solid shock mounts? I can't keep any one straight anymore.

That was me with the shock mounts. I'm still in the process of trying to get another run of them made up. I've got a different person I'll be contacting here very soon for the waterjetting.

It's easy to get mixed up. As soon as I get Doug's lathe/plans (in September) I'll be making and selling most everything that he was. As if wasn't hard enough to keep track of already!

Measurement isn't that big of a deal at the moment since lube coating will be a few weeks. I would like to have all measurements in a few weeks though. That way I can run all the sets at once. Ill let you when it really becomes necessary if you don't have it by then.

Since this is nowhere on my priority list radar screen, you'll likely have to nudge me when the time comes. ;)

Ok guys have the estimate done, and since some people are needing these yesterday material is ordered... should start machining on these this week. I'm hoping that everyone is still wanting a set. Details are:

$400 + shipping (most likely $10-15)

$50 deposit/set

Final bill will be sent when product is in the box and ready to ship. Your $50 deposit will be taken off your final $400(+ shipping) price.

I will also need a measurement of the width of your upper knuckle on each side. The bushings have to be custom made for each set specific to your car because of tolerance issues.

Paypal info is:

ibboonie81@hotmail.com

Check or money order can be mailed to:

Cass County Machine Inc.
11832 Arenz Ln
Beardstown IL 62618

If sending a check/mo just shoot me a pm or let me know. It seems with the mail these days one never knows how long it will take.

Just for clarity you ONLY need a measurement of the knuckle on each side. So 2 total measurements. Do you need this measurement down to a 1/16 or .001 or what? Just want to make sure I give you the right information. Thanks again.

Regards
Chris

Members online

Back