What did you do to your LS today?

Happened to me a few times during the winter when starting after sitting for a while. On those real cold frosty snappy mornings, when your nose hairs freeze instantly. A simple glitch in the LS Matrix again, a restart would always make it go away, only had the prob maybe 3-4 times, never resurfaced since warmer early spring. I just chalked it up as something on/in the ABS or wheel sensors, warm & wet then frozen stiff overnight.

<shrugs>

BTW: GEN I Passenger compartment fuse panel, #3, 5A tan in color = ABS/TCS/AdvanceTrac
~ maybe reseat it in connections, just for good measures.

Well you know.....I did leave my cell phone charger plugged in....I'm sure she was mad about that...haha.

I've never had the Trac-control come on before...the ABS I did right after I had the rear and front break systems completely out when doing the shocks/bearings ect. It went off after about 20 seconds...I chalked that up to having the wheel sensors unhooked while bleeding.

Installed new clockspring in my daughter's LS. Took "us" just over an hour and a quarter.

MERCON Shots anyone ?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Changed some fluids last night.

Left to Right,

1) Fresh new Motorcraft MERCON V ATF
2) Used Hydraulic Cooling Fan Fluid
3) Used Power Steering Fluid

5.jpg

Handy Dandy Homemade Turkey Baster suction extension.
6.jpg

You'll need it to turn the corner around the level floats on both reservoirs.
7.jpg

Power Steering has a handy little filtering screen that will have to come out
8.jpg

Loosen two side clips and pull it out so the suction extension can reach the bottom.
9.jpg

There are floats in both reservoirs which will require some navigating around to get all the fluids out.

Refill with fresh MERCON V ATF and recheck levels, run the LS and crank AC to activate the Hydraulic fan motor.

Double checked all other fluids and oils, topped up the washer and Brake fluid some.

All systems GO ~ clear for take off, Fun Fun Fun ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Dropped off the Barcelonas at the Powdercoaters for some media blastin and secured some tires. Finally!

I'm pumped. :D

MERCON Shots anyone ?

View attachment 828460769View attachment 828460770View attachment 828460771View attachment 828460772

Changed some fluids last night.

Left to Right,

1) Fresh new Motorcraft MERCON V ATF
2) Used Hydraulic Cooling Fan Fluid
3) Used Power Steering Fluid

View attachment 828460773

Handy Dandy Homemade Turkey Baster suction extension.
View attachment 828460774

You'll need it to turn the corner around the level floats on both reservoirs.
View attachment 828460775

Power Steering has a handy little filtering screen that will have to come out
View attachment 828460776

Loosen two side clips and pull it out so the suction extension can reach the bottom.
View attachment 828460777

There are floats in both reservoirs which will require some navigating around to get all the fluids out.

Refill with fresh MERCON V ATF and recheck levels, run the LS and crank AC to activate the Hydraulic fan motor.

Double checked all other fluids and oils, topped up the washer and Brake fluid some.

All systems GO ~ clear for take off, Fun Fun Fun ...

I need to do this soon myself with the power steering and fan fluids.

Big, did you turn the wheels left/right at all to circulate the fluid? I did the suck/refill about 5 times.

How did that go? Any surprises?

No surprises. Although I already had tested Plasti Dip on my front drivers fender for about 4 months. So, I knew what it was going to be like. I didn't wash it any differently than a conventional paint finish. Soap, wash mitt, squeegee and a chamois. You can't use regular wax but can use spray wax. I applied the wax with a microfiber towel.

How did that go? Any surprises?

Clockspring? No, not really. Removing the lower trim piece, steel piece behind the trim piece (there is a hidden screw by the console) and trim around the steering wheel made the job quite easy. IIRC, the tools I used were an 8mm & 7mm socket, 7mm ratcheting wrench, upholstery trim removal tool, Phillips-head screw driver and a couple of Torx sockets (don't remember the sizes). After previous attempts without one, I bought a differential gear puller to remove the steering wheel. It made removing the steering wheel soooooooooooo much quicker and easier!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought this.

attachment.jpg

You imagine leaving these out during a house party? Some dumb
censored.gif
would bottom them up, guaranteed!

Ugh, the taste of it, not enough toothpaste or mouthwash in the world would get rid of it ... <shivers>

Rats, I paid 100$ plus shipping for my used OEM LSE lip spoiler. Could have had a new one instead. (replica)

Replaced my lower radiator hose, the culprit of my overheating problems
yqepynej.jpg

Then gave the LS a good bleeding

Hmmm ... duct tape? looks like my wife's car!

Any pics of the install.....I'm about an inch away from pulling the trigger now.

I like it damns it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back