Sorry to ask but can I get some help on my License plate bulbs

dott

LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced the bulbs and still not working, I'm trying to pass inspection. I have 2001 ls v6 and I hooked up a multi meter to the socket and I'm not getting nothing.i checked the manual for the fuse and I don't see one, am I looking at costly repair? cause I really don't mind just rerouting the wires to my amp but I rather fix the problem and keep it stock

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374536620.313150.jpgFound the problem!! The neg wire didn't have a good ground or something sorry I was getting frustrated so that's why I asked for help have a good day

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374536620.313150.jpg

Oh I did this just to pass inspection I just have to pop in a bulb and it will always stay on

That "ground" wire is the wire the the REM switches on and off to turn the bulbs on and off. If you ground it, they will be on all the time that the car is awake. (It goes to sleep about a 1/2 hour after the last thing that you do to it.)

That "ground" wire is the wire the the REM switches on and off to turn the bulbs on and off. If you ground it, they will be on all the time that the car is awake. (It goes to sleep about a 1/2 hour after the last thing that you do to it.)

I can't see what would be the problem everything works fine except the license plate bulbs...I remember when the problem started every time I would close the truck the lights would go on and off and at times stayed off

Just throwing it out there.. Your trunk open sensor could be messed up leading the car not to think it should turn on the bulbs?

The plate light goes on and off when you operate the trunk, this I gotta see for myself, never noticed, can't recall if it does or not.

Naaaa !!!

Just throwing it out there.. Your trunk open sensor could be messed up leading the car not to think it should turn on the bulbs?

Doesn't work that way.
Don't believe me? Go turn your lights on and then open and close your trunk. Your license plate lights will stay on with the trunk opened or closed.

The most logical answer is that the cable bundle that goes to the lights mounted on the trunk lid is damaged. The wire to the license plate lights has an open in it where is flexes near the trunk hinge when the trunk opens and closes. This is not an uncommon problem on many cars.

It's going to suck trying to fix this lol I'm gonna get a quote at the dealer

i need to replace the socket that my plate bulb goes into, does anyone know where to get one?WIN_20140617_172457.jpg

WIN_20140617_172457.jpg

This could be it.
13411A Socket Assy **1Z-13411-AA Straight Connector, Rear License Lamp 03/1999 to 04/2006 2 $9.84
http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/partlist/rear-lamps~2006-lincoln-ls-1952284-1953474-1592550.html

Or this may be what you need.
14S411D Wire Assy
Replaced by: **2Z-14S411-BEB **2Z-14S411-BEA 2 CAVITY, Lamp - License, Lamps 03/1999 to 04/2006 -AR- $21.89
http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/partl...~2006-lincoln-ls-1952284-1953476-1592533.html

There are probably lower cost places to get them. Your local dealer may be the best deal by the time you add in shipping costs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back