Dan Ro's Plasti Dipped LS

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I will keep building on this thread with details when I can. I don't have the progress photos on this PC and will upload them at another time. The car has not been washed since I sprayed it so it isn't super clean in these photos (but the color hides that well). I plan to hopefully black out the bumper grille today or Saturday. I am thinking of naming the color something like Meteorite Graphite or Meteorite Grey. The color is very dependant on the lighting and changes shades of greys and silvers. What do you think of a name for the color? IMG_1731.jpgIMG_1741.jpgIMG_1758.jpgIMG_1765.jpg

I just blacked out the lower grille.

IMG_20130704_192533.jpg

These are the two powder pigments that I mixed to achieve my color.

17- Storm3.jpg
16- Antique Silver3.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_20130704_192533.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

17- Storm3.jpg

16- Antique Silver3.jpg

Which kit did you go with, I see dipyourcar.com advertises one for $299.00 and $365.00 just want to know about coverage.

Which kit did you go with, I see dipyourcar.com advertises one for $299.00 and $365.00 just want to know about coverage.

I wouldn't be the good one to answer that for a couple reasons. I did a custom color so I went way past the amount of coats for coverage. I went for color instead of coverage so the more coats of my custom color the shade of the color would lighten. I also did all of my jambs and used more by doing that. G-Rell would be the better one to ask for how many it takes for coverage. It also depends on the color you would be spraying over and what color you would be spraying with. Gunmetal Gray is a good base color to do. dipyourcar.com has now switched to doing a base of gray even if they are spraying with white.

What's with your wheels. I see you've invested in alot of other stuff but yet you still rocking stock wheels

What's with your wheels. I see you've invested in alot of other stuff but yet you still rocking stock wheels

I do have 18" summer wheels but I haven't put them on this summer yet because I just replaced my upper control arms because of worn out ball joints but it turns out that my bushings are bad in my lower control arms as well. I want to replace those before putting on heavier wheels.
2011-03-30 12.45.36.jpg

2011-03-30 12.45.36.jpg

All these dipped LS's
Looks good man. Cant wait for pics with the summer wheels on

Could a moderator get rid of that last photo for me? The one that says "Attached Images" right above it.

I, for one, CAN'T WAIT to see the finished product!!!!! You are in the process of bringing an LS on life-support back to life!! EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

BravoZulu!!!!!!

Those fill in cut outs on the bumper for the exhaust ... Killer Dan ... Amazing work!

Damn son! That is ALOT of prep and hard work. You did a great job. You turned that thing into a cancer rocking beater. Into a sleek LS ready for the ladies.

I wish the final color was a bit darker, but it looks great still. You did an awesome job spraying it.

I think once the lower grill is blacked out and maybe some gen2 headlights, you will be golden.

Those fill in cut outs on the bumper for the exhaust ... Killer Dan ... Amazing work!

Thanks a lot. I couldn't just leave them cut out. It just looked so incomplete and unfinished without something filling that in.

I think once the lower grill is blacked out

There is one photo of the grille blacked out right above the two powder pigments in the first post.

This color was my inspiration. Before I saw this I was going for a blue. You can see my test swatches of my blue in a few of those photos.

IMG_20130430_105713.jpg

IMG_20130430_105713.jpg

Great work my friend! love the prep, love the color! Check the DYC forums... they've been playing around with some spray wax's that are working well. Beading water better (you'll see when you wash) and adding a bit of gloss... I think it would get your finish to match the MB perfectly!

Very nice!

Great work my friend! love the prep, love the color! Check the DYC forums... they've been playing around with some spray wax's that are working well. Beading water better (you'll see when you wash) and adding a bit of gloss... I think it would get your finish to match the MB perfectly!

Very nice!

Yeah, I have some Eagle One: Nano Wax. I have only washed the car once since I sprayed it three weeks ago and I used the Eagle One spray wax. It also made the surface feel a little nicer as well. I am looking forward to when I can finally put my summer wheels back on (after engine tune up and lower control arm bushing replacement).

Looks great. I really like how you filled in the cut outs, it looks really good.

Right after it's first hand wash and wax yesterday. The photos were only taken with my phone camera.IMG_20130723_193359.jpgIMG_20130723_193437.jpgIMG_20130723_193809.jpgIMG_20130723_193832.jpg

IMG_20130723_193359.jpg

IMG_20130723_193437.jpg

IMG_20130723_193809.jpg

IMG_20130723_193832.jpg

Members online

Back