2001 continental factory set keypad code

jerry

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a beauty but I don't know how to put my own codes in the keypad outside the driver door. It states that I have to enter the factory set code first? How do I access this code? Thks, jerry

The factory set code number is in the trunk. It's on the trunks right tail bar. You know the bars that hold the trunk up, It should be along the side of the bar on the right. It usually is on all Lincolns.

Code should also be on the drivers window master switch. The one with all 4 switches. That unit actually stores the code, so if the switch is ever changed, the factory code will change to the number on the new unit.

My 2001 continental has the sticker on the right trunk thing they mentioned above so it's not an age issue. Maybe the previous owner peeled the sticker off

I heard it was hit-or-miss in the later years as they stopped putting the sticker on the trunk hinge -- the standard spot for 20+ years.

The only guaranteed location to find the code is on the unit itself, inside the driver's door panel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back