What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

And she made it back in one piece.

DSCF8965.JPG

DSCF8966.JPG

I Installed a custom made ram/cold airbox incasing a 9" AEM dryflow filter, removed air silencer and ducted a intake tube down to a fabricated scoopCAM00301.jpgCAM00316.jpgCAM00317.jpg

CAM00301.jpg

CAM00316.jpg

CAM00317.jpg

I pulled the A/C accumulator out of mine since it blew the o-rings on it. Just waiting for the new on to come in.image.jpg

image.jpg

I washed it twice yesterday. Once cause it was dirty, the other as it downpoured on me coming back home late yesterday afternoon. Now I need to clean the rain off it tonight. I hope the humidity breaks.

Don't feel bad i have done it in the past. I also now check that the gasket is not stuck to the block when changing the oil. Nothing makes a bigger mess than oil shooting out through doubled up gaskets when pulling out of the driveway.

so good news....I got a call from the second shop that I brought it to and they said they put 4 new plugs in, put an insert in, and a new Motorcraft coil, with a little extra on the labor because of the spark plug location the total is about $390

How did you adapt the MAFs to the stock tube and the filter to the MAFs? The tube is like 4 inch and the MAFs is like 3.25 or something like that.

I went to Home Depot got a 3 inch black PVC rubber coupler with worm clamps on it slid a piece of 3 inch PVC pipe in there the rubber coupler clamps down to the mass air flow meter and since its so thick with a hard piece of PVC in there it fits perfectly In the stock intake snorkel and it clamps right down I did on my research on this site before ordering the parts the hardest part was fiTting the nine inch AEM filter and the hook the filter to the mass air flow meter I had to order A adapter flange from kurtz kustoms 80mm ford mass air meter adapter

Took the 98 mk8 lsc CE to mike hand car wash in voorhees south jersey. Great place, persons come from miles around b/c they're the best carwash place I've seen in the area. They go thru everything with a air hose and blow out the cracks and really do a thruough job for pretty cheap. I move away from the area but I still try to time my oil changes to be up there, its only 5 more bucks to get a basic wash inside/out with a oil change.

Got my new plug wires installed yesterday. Helped a little. She still idles real slow (about 500RPM) and has a bit of a stumble at takeoff, but holy $h!t she's fast!!! I need to post a vid of the 0-60 because I know it's 6 seconds or less. I can't believe how fast this car is compared to my 97 LSC. And according to my GPS the speedo is spot on perfect too! Next up is the exhaust. I've been lazy and it's been raining like crazy lately and I haven't had a chance to change it over yet.

I wonder if your throttle position sensor is happy? I changed mine and it straightened my idling issue right up.

I wonder if your throttle position sensor is happy? I changed mine and it straightened my idling issue right up.
I wonder the same thing. Also I'm thinking the IAC may be part of the problem. So those will be replaced soon. They're both a PITA to get to on a GEN1 so hopefully I'll get to them as soon as possible. Also gonna run some seafoam through the intake and gas tank.

sounds like my iac valve. pretty sure mine was stuck.
does the car rev to 1000 ish rpm on a cold start?

Got my new plug wires installed yesterday. Helped a little. She still idles real slow (about 500RPM) and has a bit of a stumble at takeoff, but holy $h!t she's fast!!! I need to post a vid of the 0-60 because I know it's 6 seconds or less. I can't believe how fast this car is compared to my 97 LSC. And according to my GPS the speedo is spot on perfect too! Next up is the exhaust. I've been lazy and it's been raining like crazy lately and I haven't had a chance to change it over yet.

lol, don't even try the 6 sec 0-60 on here because I swear people will not believe it. I had a video of mine doing it with the W3Z2 ECU installed and it still does it today but I was getting slammed on YouTube. I was accused of going downhill lol. There isn't even a hill anywhere around the area I was in and I was right down the street from the police station. I believe you because I know mine will do 0-60 in about 6.1 to 6.3 sec. Timed it about 10 times but no use in posting it. As long as I know it does it, that's all that matters to me. I know you're feeling a difference from the Gen 2 speed. :) Those have to have mods to hang with us Gen 1's

Hmmmmm...I might take the IAC off the '97 and put it on the '95 just for gits and shiggles to see if it makes a difference.

My 94 done the slow idle too and it was the IAC but I highly recommend changing the TPS and IAC at the same time. Sooner or later, it will end up going bad and acting up. It idled like a dream when they were changed out. I drove it for 4 years before swapping them. Mine was more like 400 to 450 rpm's at idle but it was a smooth idle.

ordered 4 new brake hoses for the brown one, and new idler pulley for the white one...65 shipped from RA
---will be starting the hub swap, cobra brake mod soon
----is it a foregone conclusion that I'll get air in the ABS pump when I r/r hoses?

Ugh...Went out to go to work and the front end of the car was on the ground. Well, not quite slammed, but pretty close. And the rear was jacked up like a drag car :lol: Methinks the height sensors are going squirrely. They'll get changed out this weekend if it doesn't rain on me. Driving the Cougie today.

Ugh...Went out to go to work and the front end of the car was on the ground. Well, not quite slammed, but pretty close. And the rear was jacked up like a drag car :lol: Methinks the height sensors are going squirrely. They'll get changed out this weekend if it doesn't rain on me. Driving the Cougie today.

Probably the struts...

Members online

No members online now.
Back