possibly lowering ls

jpownell

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got an 04 with v6 and 151k miles on the clock. i have a broken rear coil spring and a broken front coil spring. i abviously need to get these replaced. im deciding whether to go with eibachs or not. i love the lowered look and have eibachs on a previously owned car. im wondering about weight issue though. at the end of the month i'll be going to south carolina from ohio for a week then back to ohio with myself and 3 other people in the car and just duffle bags in the trunk. will that be too much weight in the back with the new drop or will it be fine? ive driven a low car before i know what to watch out for while on the road thats in my control but i just dont want it bottoming out with normal driving. any suggestions?
thanks guys

I drive with a a car full of people (5 including myself) all the time lowered on eibachs with no issues.

And as you mentioned also depends on how you drive, i mean you can bottom out with the LS even at stock height.

on stock wheels, I'd think you'd be fine.... but wait, you have two broken springs?!?!?!

i rarely have more than just one other person in the car with me normally. its just going to be this trip from ohio to SC that there will be four of us. yeah i know how easy it is to bottom out this car i know to watch out for curbs and driveways that are steep. i do have the stock 16in wheels with i believe 235/55/16 but i could also be wrong. yeah the two mentioned springs are broke right now down at the bottom towards the seat. also a broken sway bar link in the front passenger side. its driving fine but i can see some camber from the back wheel cause of the spring. i've heard a lot of people with the early 2000's ford tauruses with the same problem with springs. i just dont want to have any other future problems with the lowered springs on. and they're not the original struts either.

why were the fronts on without the backs? and how much would shipping be to 44305?

28ib6f5.png

yeah my 1300 will be going somewhere else. not looking to put that kind of money into a car with 151,000 miles thats 9 years old.

why were the fronts on without the backs? and how much would shipping be to 44305?

I wi get you a shipping quote when I get home from work. I used the fronts only because the LS looks lower in the rear with eibachs. I wanted a little bit of a raked look

I have eibachs and stock 17 inch wheels and generally am fine. My cats are a bit longer than stock so right up front my exhaust is lower than I like but other than speed bumps And the curbs going into stores and drive ways I'm fine. I has had 4 people in the car before and no issue

thank you guys for the input. looks like im only going to have two other people aside from myself going down to SC with me after all. from my experience with lowering, i've noticed a sag that happens after 6 months or so of lowering on new springs. i think i'll end up doing the eibachs and having a smoother stance than stock. hite, let me know whenever you get a chance on the shipping. then send me a message and we cant set everything up from there. too bad we arent closer cause i'd just come pick them up haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back