Trying to replace the LS but don't know with what? Now you wont have to change sites.

Exactly the problem with the Lincoln naming. The letters in Lincoln do not signify anything. With Cadillac (the XTS i s the exception) the first letter is the size class of the vehicle. The A (A, touring sedan) is small, C (C touring sedan) is larger, they sold a B is Europe at one time based on a Saab. I'm hoping that the large RWD being planned is called either DTS or ETS (depending on size). They should have went all the way and called the CTS coupe the CTC (C size touring coupe) and the XTS should have been the DLS (D size luxury sedan).
I've read somewhere that automotive companies trademarked pretty much every mixture of letters and numbers. I'm sure Cadillac was smart enough to scope ctc and some others. Infiniti had a problem when they tried to rename their model designations. The only letter they had rights to was Q...

I'm driving an 02 V6 Manual. Ready for a new car but very few to choose from. The CTS with the 3.6 and sport suspension made the short list. Had one lined up, ready to buy, when I discovered the rear seat doesn't fold down. I use that often, for trips to the grandkids and hauling my windsurfing rig (board on the roof). Turns out the only RWD with a fold down seat is the ATS, but it is noticeably too small. And since I keep my cars so long I'm a little hesitant about dual turbo 4 banger. They work great for race cars, but they have a pit crew. Same reliability concern about most European cars except Mercedes are they are simply out of my price range. BTW the wife said she noticed the CTS being smaller than the LS also. So I'm fixing my LS and waiting to see what happens in the next few years. And hoping.

I'm driving an 02 V6 Manual. Ready for a new car but very few to choose from. The CTS with the 3.6 and sport suspension made the short list. Had one lined up, ready to buy, when I discovered the rear seat doesn't fold down.

Fold down rear seat is an option in both the CTS and the ATS. CTS is no longer available with a manual (unless you get the V). I have no problems going with the turbo engine (I had 280,000 on my XR4Ti when I sold it). My problem with the ATS is the rear seat is a little too small. If the MT disappears from the ATS and my LS dies I'd probably end up with the 300S (if they would drop 400 lbs it would be an ok choice). Right now I biding my time waiting for used ATS manuals (with folding rear seats) to drop into my price range.

2000 LS manual with 160,000 miles.

Fold down rear seat is an option in both the CTS and the ATS. CTS is no longer available with a manual (unless you get the V). I have no problems going with the turbo engine (I had 280,000 on my XR4Ti when I sold it). .

If a fold down seat is an option on the CTS, I know a salesman who's kicking himself.
Your success with the XR4 is appreciated - I will remember. But I've already commenced fixing the LS - a new car is for another day. Maybe the new (half price) Tesla!

What is your price range?

If you want another sport sedan to perform similar to the LS, you will have to stay away anything with FWD designation. FWD vehicles lack balanced weight distribution. The closer the weight is to the center of a car, it's easier to turn etc. and very important for agility.

I find Cadillacs to be overpriced now days. European marques offer better performance for the money.

My personal recommendation would be to test drive the vehicles you have in mind and don't be afraid to push the envelope, as long as have the corresponding skills.

...the Taurus with leather interior, mood lighting, super cool audio controls, is fun and fast, similar feel to the LS IMHO, only draw back is FWD.
The SHO is AWD. It doesn't have the balance of the LS (in truth, though, few cars do), but it's not as bad as plain ol' FWD.

The SHO is AWD. It doesn't have the balance of the LS (in truth, though, few cars do), but it's not as bad as plain ol' FWD.
Too heavy (4358 lbs, compared to 3690 for the LS - 668 lbs). I prefer to stay away from awd because of the added weight.

What is your price range?

I find Cadillacs to be overpriced now days. European marques offer better performance for the money.

Don't think you've priced the vehicles with manual transmissions. Mercedes offers no sedans and the BMW are about the same price as the Cadillacs (ATS vs 3 series).

Don't think you've priced the vehicles with manual transmissions. Mercedes offers no sedans and the BMW are about the same price as the Cadillacs (ATS vs 3 series).

I'd say he has priced them extensively, considering he purchased one of their competitors.

Members online

No members online now.
Back