Mark VIII Craigslist finds!!!

This has to be one of the cars I took a picture of not too long ago. Pretty clean and low mile '96:

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/3847765526.html

Another very clean looking girl in the Bay area with only 82K miles and a 98 base:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3818643145.html

And a '95 with less than 36k miles! Wow.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ctd/3850977418.html

This post is just a good read. Nice car, too:

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/pts/3841543674.html

Damn, nice finds there! That is an incredibly clean 95 lsc..I like it!

you forgot to mention that its got the factory cobra motor with 300 horsepower.
and whatever else stupid (or ignorant anyway...) people say.

Well... This is how much I'm pricing my car. Why? Well, because this is how much it's worth to me. Whether it takes 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years to sell. That's her price. I love this car so I'm not giving it up that easy!

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3864748709.html

Ahh the old "Wife is makeing me get rid of it" excuse. Mine said that to me at one point, So I just got rid of the wife and kept my car. :)

Alex has two Marks. and the best wife.... Seen his car and its clean... well worth the money... Good luck Alex

Unless you absolutely have to get rid of your car why not ask a little bit more for it..I've thought about what I'd ask if I sold mine and $5-6k is what it would take to sell it..think about what some of these retarded dealers ask for mark viiis that are most of the time in much worse shape in comparison to the average mark viii enthusiast on LVC..our cars are CLEAN, well maintained and tastefully modified not to mention loved by the owner..that has to say something when it comes time to sell it..most people buying these cars now probably will be doing some kind of modifications to them so most of the work would be done already for the new owner.

you forgot to mention that its got the factory cobra motor with 300 horsepower.
and whatever else stupid (or ignorant anyway...) people say.

I was tempted but I'd like to see this car go to someone who's not interested in beating the fvck out of it because it has a "Cobra motor". I'd love to see a senior get his hands on it. It will last another 10 years that way.

Ahh the old "Wife is makeing me get rid of it" excuse. Mine said that to me at one point, So I just got rid of the wife and kept my car. :)

As some members on here know... All 3 cars in my driveway are to my taste. My wife is driving my truck. Poor girl's been wanting an SUV/4dr car for some time now. I can't let her drive the Marks because they are too damn hard to replace. My F-150 is a dime a dozen but I know it's not her taste. Neither are the Marks anyway. She's dieing for something spacious. So yes. The Mark's replacement will become my wife's daily driver.

Unless you absolutely have to get rid of your car why not ask a little bit more for it..I've thought about what I'd ask if I sold mine and $5-6k is what it would take to sell it..think about what some of these retarded dealers ask for mark viiis that are most of the time in much worse shape in comparison to the average mark viii enthusiast on LVC..our cars are CLEAN, well maintained and tastefully modified not to mention loved by the owner..that has to say something when it comes time to sell it..most people buying these cars now probably will be doing some kind of modifications to them so most of the work would be done already for the new owner.

Kevin, here's the thing. Same thing I was talking to Robert about. I agree with you but you want my opinion? These cars are worth $12,000 give or take in a popular market. Problem is NO ONE wants them. This isn't AN Acura TL, a freakin Camry or an Infinity G37. That's what ppl are looking for. This car has absolutel NO MARKET. A lot of ppl don't even recognize it. It's a 2dr car so it's considered a "sport's coupe yet ppl rather spit $7k on a used Mustang or Camaro than some random Mark VIII. If you like a Mark VIII it's because your neighbor, father, grandpa, aunt, best friend's dad, etc... owned one or you fell in love with it 17 years ago. In other words, it's a specific audience. That's why they are so damn cheap & it's a shame.
I'm not in a rush so I'm not lowering the car very much from the asking price. The car's been on autotrader.com for $6,800 for about 3 weeks now. I lowered it to $6,400 & I'm not lowering the price anymore. I know what I want for the car. I know what she's worth. She's beautiful & the best part? She's got 77k.

Going to see it today.... If its a real one she will be coming home with me... Ill keep you posted... Its a base, but with a low clock like that Its nice

I hope she's the dream car she looks to be so you can grab her. Dude that's just about 100k less than the one you just sold & look @ how smooth yours drives!

UltimateSVT [SIZE=3 said:
Kevin, here's the thing. Same thing I was talking to Robert about. I agree with you but you want my opinion? These cars are worth $12,000 give or take in a popular market. Problem is NO ONE wants them. This isn't AN Acura TL, a freakin Camry or an Infinity G37. That's what ppl are looking for. This car has absolutel NO MARKET. A lot of ppl don't even recognize it. It's a 2dr car so it's considered a "sport's coupe yet ppl rather spit $7k on a used Mustang or Camaro than some random Mark VIII. If you like a Mark VIII it's because your neighbor, father, grandpa, aunt, best friend's dad, etc... owned one or you fell in love with it 17 years ago. In other words, it's a specific audience. That's why they are so damn cheap & it's a shame.
I'm not in a rush so I'm not lowering the car very much from the asking price. The car's been on autotrader.com for $6,800 for about 3 weeks now. I lowered it to $6,400 & I'm not lowering the price anymore. I know what I want for the car. I know what she's worth. She's beautiful & the best part? She's got 77k.[/SIZE][/B]

Right on, and you're right not many people know about them nor want something like the mark viii..the only people that'll be buying one will be someone who know's someone else that has one, or someone who has one or had one in the past..and if that's the case they know the REAL value of them which is next to nothing..and I also agree that they SHOULD be worth more, BUT it is a 15-20 year old car, and unless it's super clean or low mile, there's no way it'll hold any value. Honestly you might be better off taking it to a car show and throwing a sign in the window with your asking price..I've brought mine to a few shows and surprisingly it does get some looks..more like a "what kind of car is this" look, but at least those kind of people appreciate a car like ours and ya never know, maybe it would interest someone enough to want to buy it.

Just need to wait for the right buyer. 6 months ago, paid around the same price for a mint Mark VIII. Clean ebay Mark VIIIs sell for that much all the time from what I have seen.

Right on, and you're right not many people know about them nor want something like the mark viii..the only people that'll be buying one will be someone who know's someone else that has one, or someone who has one or had one in the past..and if that's the case they know the REAL value of them which is next to nothing..and I also agree that they SHOULD be worth more, BUT it is a 15-20 year old car, and unless it's super clean or low mile, there's no way it'll hold any value. Honestly you might be better off taking it to a car show and throwing a sign in the window with your asking price..I've brought mine to a few shows and surprisingly it does get some looks..more like a "what kind of car is this" look, but at least those kind of people appreciate a car like ours and ya never know, maybe it would interest someone enough to want to buy it.

My wife & Robert (98CobraLSC) had mentioned the same thing to me. Take it to a show, slap a forsale sign & see what happens!

Just need to wait for the right buyer. 6 months ago, paid around the same price for a mint Mark VIII. Clean ebay Mark VIIIs sell for that much all the time from what I have seen.

On ebay they go for super high prices with way more mileage!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ctd/3865138360.html

97 base black on black with 67k miles for $2700..paint looks faded bad for midwest and interior is a little rougher than you would think on a low mile car..this thing reminds me of alex's blue on black when he got it.

3r93F63Ne5Nd5sc5q7d6b0df182e0c1651046.jpg

cf839c099ee35f37b8a923dea40270edx.jpg

3r93F63Ne5Nd5sc5q7d6b0df182e0c1651046.jpg

cf839c099ee35f37b8a923dea40270edx.jpg

Bingo... & it has 67k. Just 1k more than mine has now! That thing is practically identical to mine. I'd offer $1,900.

I wonder if it came from down south, that paint is FADED and the headlights look toast..I might check it out tomorrow its only 5 min from home..we'll see if there's any rust.

Members online

Back