What's it worth? Low mile 94

micahs97m8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have the chance to pick up a champagne/black 94 with 49k miles on it. It has a few dings and air ride issues, but I plan to list it on eBay. It is strictly a flip car. What do you think it would sell for?

Id think if it had heated seats, and a sunroof and chrome wheels or nice factory wheels and was in awesome shape i would guess between 2,750-3,800 ish,. i could be way off but i usually see gen 1's selling for a bit less than gen 2's. most others on this site will probably know better than me though what its true value is

With the limited info you provided, KBB with my zip code gives a value of 3,275 for fair and 3,775 for good. Very good is 3,875. Nada gives it a clean retail of 3,112.

I talked to the guy this afternoon. He says the air ride pumps up but doesn't release. It stays all the way pumped up and ruins the air ride. The only other issues are a dented fender, cracked grille, and faulty keyless entry. I think I'm going to check it out. It is a good bit less than this and not advertised.

I would think 4-5k if it's well preserved in garaged condition. A lot of pictures would help the sale too.

I have several pics. The body is really clean except for the aforementioned issues. The car is sitting high right now. I'll have to do a search on how to fix that. It currently has 48,974 miles on it. The interior is in good shape, too.

with the issues you've mentioned, it's far from pristine...I presume this is a northern rusty car? from what you describe, 2k MAX....after repair value? $34?

I'll be going to look at it on Thursday afternoon. I am told there is no rust and the first 40k were put on it by an older couple who kept it in their garage.

I believe that all four spots not venting is a compressor. The vent valve is stuck keyless entry could just be the module. If the fender is not too dented, you could prolly use painless dent repair.

I believe that all four spots not venting is a compressor. The vent valve is stuck keyless entry could just be the module. If the fender is not too dented, you could prolly use painless dent repair.

Is that repairable or do i need to swap compressors? If it needs swapped, that will go to the next person. I am down to a couple months before the big move.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3840859549.html

Here is a perfect comparison on value..I posted this last week and went to check it out..car is very clean paint wise with no dings or dents anywhere, perfect front end components (grille, headlights eyebrow) pefect back window seal, perfect chrome and trunk lock cover which means its been garaged most of its life, clean grey interior...however its always been in the chicago area so the undercarriage has some surface rust on suspension, exhaust and gas tank shield etc as well as a slight amount of rust bubbles starting on bottom of doors. One of the front bags leaks also so its got some minor issues but overall super clean with no miles (31k miles) for $3200.

Yes, I believe that the vent valve is internal. The compressor would have to be replaced. Really not a big deal. I'm sure you can get one from someone on the forum for super cheap.

Well, I just got back from looking at the car. I really felt sorry for the car. The body was in horrible condition. It looked great in the pics, but in person there are a million scratches on the faded paint. The interior was rough, too. The door panel had screws all over holding it together, and the center console was busted up. The engine bay looked like the car was nearing 200k miles. Broken tabs and pieces everywhere. I'm rather sure they lied about this car ever being in a garage. The car looked like it had spent it's entire life on the streets of Philly. I offered them $400 for it and they got all butthurt. They won't get the $1000 they were asking.

Members online

Back