Wondering about the LS demographic...

29 from Cincinnati. Got out of the Air Force in 2010, currently in school for aviation maintenance. Bought a 2000 LSv6 sport black on charcoal, transmission rebuild at 103,000mi, smoked tailights and much more that I want to do to this car.. I remember seeing it in road & track when it came out and told myself that I would have it one day.. finally have it! My opinion the most beautiful car that I have ever seen.. Hopefully down the road when I have a real job, ford racing 302, lowering springs, new paint and dent removal (it has hail damage all over it and it drives me insane) Maybe a new set of rims but not sure yet.. big hopes and dreams for it..

29 from Cincinnati. Got out of the Air Force in 2010, currently in school for aviation maintenance. Bought a 2000 LSv6 sport black on charcoal, transmission rebuild at 103,000mi, smoked tailights and much more that I want to do to this car.. I remember seeing it in road & track when it came out and told myself that I would have it one day.. finally have it! My opinion the most beautiful car that I have ever seen.. Hopefully down the road when I have a real job, ford racing 302, lowering springs, new paint and dent removal (it has hail damage all over it and it drives me insane) Maybe a new set of rims but not sure yet.. big hopes and dreams for it..

Thanks for your service to your country!

Hello everyone, 35 soon to be 36 in August. I'm originally from MS and I'm currently in the Air Force stationed at Langley AFB in Hampton Va for the last 8 1/2 years. I've had my 2001 LS for eight years and currently have 105k on the clock. Don't drive it everyday as I have a 04 Tacoma that I drive daily. Been on this forum since 2005 and have learned and continue to learn things from others. Married with four kids (I have a son from a previous relationship) and my wife had two girls and a boy.

Guess I'll be the child for this one, 23, currently in the Air Force stationed near St. Louis, from Detroit area originally. Bought 2004 LS V8 2 years back have about 90,000 miles on my light green LS. Lots of ideas for the car, not enough money to do them. Ultimately I want to sell mine and get a 2006, and then do work on that and keep it until the grave.

Hey, 52 Yr old. Will hit my 30th wedding anniversary this summer. Have three boys, 24, 21, and 14. Lived in Minnesota most of my life. I am a mortgage loan originator and love my work. When I saw the LS I knew it was the car I wanted. When my Camaro started giving me lots of issues in '03 I sold it and started looking for a well maintained 5 speed. Finally found one on ebay in Texas that was 3 years old and only had 7,100 miles on it. This was my first ebay purchase and it was a great deal. The car still smelled new when I got it! Car now has 164,000 miles on it and it still runs and looks great. Even in Minnesota I have never had a front wheel drive car and don't want one. I do all the maintenance and repairs myself, unless I don't have the specialty tools needed. (Like the a/compressor that just went out last month.) Love the LS and want to keep it on the road for another 100k.

35 years old, Married-no children yet, Currently Active duty in the Navy. I work on H60 helicopters as an electrician-troubleshooter quality assurance representative. They are the same helicopters as the army "Blackhawk", but different systems and color. Own a 2000 ls sport and have had it since 2009. Learned a lot about this car and love working on it. Dealt with the typical cooling issues (degas bottle), broken plastic pieces on the window regulator, DCCV issue, Fuel pump, general maintenance, and hope to never have an issue with the timing chain tensioner. Currently has 133000 miles and previous owner had everything repaired at the dealer. Picked it up for $5500 and definitely got my money's worth out of it. Plan on getting a Gen2 or an AWD MKZ eventually. Also have a 2003 Harley davidson VROD and a 2004 f150 lariat.

Guess I'll be the old man for this one, then. 72 years old, married almost 50 years, 2 sons, one a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force with 26 years, one is an attorney. I have a 2001 V8 with 130,000 miles, a 91 Ranger pick-up, a 1956 T-Bird, and a 1955 Crown Victoria. If Telco worked for ATT then we worked for same phone company. I was a field engineer for NCR corp when Ma Bell bought the company. Took early retirement and went to work for IBM as a field engineer. Now retired permanently.

33 yrs old, married 11 yrs, one 10 yrs old boy, one dog English springer spaniel. Deputy Sheriff (PoPo) as they call it here in Texas. 11 yrs in law enforcement. Had the Lincoln in the family since its delivery day, grandpa used to own it. Now he passed it on to me. Now she stays in the garage and only drive it on nice days, because I have a work car. 2008 Chevrolet Impala marked unit that we take home.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Uh oh, BigRigLS is getting surrounded by the hated pigs, almost as though he were wrapped in a blanket... First there was UpstairsChris, then Hulkxd, and now Col Batitong... any other donut chasers out there? ;)

Lmao, we don't want donuts here, we want Kolaches. Kolaches.jpg

Kolaches.jpg

Droool.....I miss them Kolaches. Can't find any in AZ. Who makes those Kolaches in Clear Lake?

Dunno, but I've seen frozen ones at the grocery stores. They're acceptable, nothing special, but better than nothing.

26 Year old. Tuner Pro. Computer Genius. Show off. Troll (only smart-asses). Gamer. <3 Need for speed Video Games.

-Fastest Lincoln LS in my area.
-In my 2002 LS, I once beat 5 Police Cruisers who chased me a few miles. (The look on their faces when I stopped and went reverse and they can catch up) ... got a "careless" for this one
-Once Ditched my LS like a Champ, doing 120 through a 90 degree corner. $5 Thousand dollars later...

Best Kill: Tie for best: Subaru WRX STI and Infinity G37 XS

Uh oh, BigRigLS is getting surrounded by the hated pigs, almost as though he were wrapped in a blanket...

Hehehe ... It's actually the "Bear in a plain wrapper" you gotta worry about, the marked ones I can spot a mile away.
... and I don't par say, "hate" them, just when I am pushing miles, I prefer zero interactions, so far so good.

Chicken coops and DOT/MTO ... that's another story.

Don't fight the G-forces, resistance is futile! Learn to love the G, just sayin' lol

Never.
I love this community. Seems like a solid bunch of guys.

What, no girls here? LVC Is the biggest sausage fest >_>

I remember seeing the LS in the commercials when I was younger and said some day I'll own one.

Your kidding rite? Those boring ass commercials with a mid life crisis cruising in his suit? zZzZz

Sorry bigrig, I rock an unmarked slicktop. That's what supervisor status gets ya!

Sorry bigrig, I rock an unmarked slicktop. That's what supervisor status gets ya!

[video=youtube;u2raUpkI2EA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2raUpkI2EA[/video]

My fuel tanks are bigger, I'll never pull over! lol
~ I once saw colored flashing lights in my mirrors, it went away 5 1/2 hrs later. j/k

Bro, if you ever wind up in my area, you'll be as lost as a white goose in a snowstorm. I got too many meth labs and copper thieves to deal with to fool with big trucks!

I couldn't find trouble even if I punched it in the GPS.

.. or I should perhaps say: "Trouble" is not set as a way point in my favorites.

We got 4 million residents in my area, lots of calls for service holding and to respond. Not much time to play pro active, we are pretty much reactive 99.9%. Doing traffic is only if you POP...... (Pissed Off the Police) on the road.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We have a whopping 12,000 over 300 sq miles. Not too bad until you consider we only have 3 full timers and the sheriff.

Bro, if you ever wind up in my area, you'll be as lost as a white goose in a snowstorm. I got too many meth labs and copper thieves to deal with to fool with big trucks!

I freakin' hate copper thieves. Fiber optic cable looks the same as electric company copper to the layman and the thief and sometimes the thieves try stealing it. Makes extra work for me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back