dipped the LS

JMARZILLI

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Decided to dip the LS, tell me what you think!

20130602_100008.jpg

20130602_095638.jpg

Sweet! about time someone has dipped their ls.
I like it! Is that koi orange or blaze?
I think I wouldve left the window deflector pieces black tho. More pics!

Sweet! about time someone has dipped their ls.
I like it! Is that koi orange or blaze?
I think I wouldve left the window deflector pieces black tho. More pics!

Its koi orange, I had to dip the rain guards because they were painted to match my car. Its not done yet, I have to wait for the orange to cure before I can do the mirrors and the inside of the grills black

Not sure....... Leaning towards "like". Cool to see a member thinking "outside" the box. I have to agree with ATron. Since the deflectors are painted. Remove them. Just a suggestion, do the hood black, when you do the mirrors. Just my $.02.

Granted it's not my color, it doesn't look bad. Plasti dip has some real potential.

Im fine with the rain guards, I'm still on the fence about the color myself. I was going to do fire belly orange, I'm glad I didn't cause it would've been way too bright.

Reminds of the BMW from F&F 5. I really do like the BMW M5.

fast_and_furious_4_final_2.jpg

bmw_m5_r34.jpg

That's awesome.

Tint those windows!

Same for me. Tint in PA would just be a giant headache.

I really do love what you did with the dip! When I first saw it I was undecided, but the longer I look at it the more I like it.

I would have done the complete roof. Looks a bit odd with the black windshield rubber being wider than the orange at the drip rails.

don't know I need more pics I don't like it but I don't hate it either show us the finished product and then I will decide but overall regardless of it I like the idea and where you going with this.

I like it, I like it a lot. Only thing I would say is lose the wind deflectors. Otherwise, great job! Need more pics.

Good to see someone try this out. I'm not a fan of the color and personally I would've tinted the windows first.

Nice work. That color sure will draw attention.

Yeah that is amazing looking. albeit I'm not a huge fan of the Plastidip, I think you pulled it off flawlessly. Well done,
I personally think the orange is great looking. Reminds me of my father's old BMW 2002, back in Europe.

1970_bmw_2002-pic-58262-300x200.jpg

Looks awesome. Congrats on the first dipped LS (known on this forum)!

Not a fan of the deflector things on any vehicle, but it looks like you did a great job spraying.

DAMN.. beat me by a few days... will have mine (half way) done today.... looks good..

You SOB!!

That looks really good, I didn't realize people were doing their entire cars with that stuff. Now I've been looking and would love to do my car in that light blue. I'm starting a project with an old S-10 I have. This sounds like it would be perfect to use when I'm ready to paint. Can you give more info on how you did it? Like what type of sprayer you used and what did you actually have to tape off besides the glass?

I was looking at videos of this on youtube (thanks to you I haven't gotten much work done in the last 30 min =) ) and see how it peels off pretty easy, the video I just watched the guy didn't even tape off the headlights, just peeled it off when it was dry and looked really good.

Anyways, Looks great man, nice job! There will be no mistaking your car in a parking lot anymore!

Members online

No members online now.
Back