What did you do to your LS today?

Had my SS brake lines put on today.... only drove it a few minutes afterward but it seemed to have more stopping power. Maybe later I'll go hit the country roads for some testing.

Oh and he said the rears had to be ziptied out of the way or they would be sitting on the control arm. I told him beforehand that the rears may or may not fit.

IMG_20130510_102837_345.jpg
after breaking some fiberglass and bondo a couple weeks ago

IMG_20130510_102825_861.jpg

IMG_20130510_102805_885.jpg

working on them
IMG_20130517_140415_459.jpg

Drove it to the dealer to pick up the wife's new 2013 Fusion SE.....in the mean time I was able to sneak out and take a 2013 5.0 Mustang 6 speed with 15 miles on it for a beat session on the interstate...haha...I heart Coyote! But the LS is just so smooth and quick...I love it too.

fusionla_zps70a4ec37.jpg

Well, not TODAY, but in the last couple of weeks:
new coils/ new plugs/ valve cover gaskets/ upper front control arms/ lower front control arm ball joints/ home made toe alignment (yes it works great!). Oh, yeah, and a driver's side window regulator, new A/C condenser and drier.
Getting ready to do rear toe strut bushings and rear hub bearing.

All this was made much easier thanks to the great posts by my fellow forum members. Thanks to all!

Regards,
M.R.

Last edited:
Installed these. Gen 2 '06 folding mirrors on my Gen 1 '00. Need to wire up the puddle lights.

Removed the underbody LED lights. Still have the interior and trunk lights.

Cut off the Mercedes AMG exhaust tips. Welded on some straight pipes for now. Waiting for the new tips to arrive. Don't want the bumper to melt.

New look 06.jpg

New look 07.jpg

Last edited:
@soundwaves454, real good work on those skirts man! very nice!

Installed these. Gen 2 '06 folding mirrors on my Gen 1 '00. Need to wire up the puddle lights.

Removed the underbody LED lights. Still have the interior and trunk lights.

Cut off the Mercedes AMG exhaust tips. Welded on some straight pipes for now. Waiting for the new tips to arrive. Don't want the bumper to melt.

And you didn't convert them to power?

And you didn't convert them to power?

They are power mirrors. I have a 2000 with power mirrors. The folding mirrors are off a 2006. The pin for the puddle lights is not in my wiring harness for the mirrors. They will need to be wired for that.

New caliper mod.

Razzi kit removed.

LED lights removed.

Lincoln star brake 04.jpg

Removed RAZZI.jpg

Removed  LEDs.jpg

They are power mirrors. I have a 2000 with power mirrors. The folding mirrors are off a 2006. The pin for the puddle lights is not in my wiring harness for the mirrors. They will need to be wired for that.

I guess I should have been more specific. I meant power folding mirrors. All LSes have power mirrors.

I will have to wire them up for that too. I didn't realize they were "power" folding.

I did the same mod and I wired into the interior light in the door panel.

*owned*

~ Sorry Rollin but that was funny.

BTW: crazy dismantle of your LS, Anton should be drooling by now, really excited to see what going on yours next.

Different features with the two gens. I didn't know. I thought it was something I missed....lol.... I am trying to get a run to or near Anton to deliver the body kit & accessories. I am excited to see his LS finish and mine. Mine will be done end of next week.

Decided to quickly clean up the engine bay, and check my coolant level just for fun.

It's about 3" below the cold fill level :cool:

1 of the must haves finally done

It takes me a while to do things sometimes with my busy schedule, but finally blackened out the chrome trim around the door windows, used Plasti-dip. Overall the look is there but if I was to do it again I will just do it with self etching primer and trim black paint like I did to one of my Mark VII's. If I am going to take the time to mask everything off might as well just paint it. There are a few sections I want to do over as when pulling the masking tape it did not leave a clean line in places, had to go around a lot of it with a razor so it would not keep pulling he plasti-dip.

BTW, don't mind how filthy the car is, did not want to wash first and deal with water screwing up the adhesion, and suppose to rain later today.

LS chrome 1.jpg

ls taped off.jpg

ls window trim black.jpg

Members online

Back