SCT X3 with Torrie Tunes - first impressions

Not sure I understand your question, BigRig. The X3 should be able to use almost any tune file - as long as it was programmed for an LS AND the device has at least one unlock available on it where it can be assigned to your car/VIN. Most tuners want your VIN number to ensure that their tune files align with the core functionality of the car's stock/factory performance (ex. putting a mustang-based tune file for a 4.6 would probably be disastrous for a 3.9 LS) and also can help ensure that the tune files are only used with the tuner device that is programmed/unlocked to the car's VIN.

Naa it was directed at lincoln_zero, we/he have a file that's the old format and when I was looking into it I wasn't too sure if it would be compatible with the newer X3 which prefers different file extensions. I should really stay out of this until i actually get my tuner ordered, it's also still on the to-do list but when I do get it I have a file I'm just aching to try out.

The X3 supports .LL3 Files. So it should work just fine. imo, i don't think it really matters if your using an x2 or x3 or livewire. They all do the same Job -"Install tune".

Hurry your ass up and grab that tuner. Its warm out, enjoy the LS while you still have traction before the snow hits in November =p

I will, soon I should have it ordered, trying to get a few cosmetics out of the way first. Grille, LSE spoiler, trunk & bumper covers painted.

We are getting ripped off for a summer already.

You said it, it's nothing but raining here past week or so. Terrible summer so far. Need some hot weather so I can hit the beach w/ binoculars!

So I read through all of this, and it does sound like many members are pleased to torries software.

I sold my 02 back in 2015, and recently got back into the LS scene again with an 04. Unfortunately, I don't have tune software for 04 and am debating on who to go with.
Rob's email for KBX doesn't work, I'm assuming he sold the business.
Years later since this thread, has anyone had an issues related to Torries tunes on their car?

I got a tune from Torrie for my '02 a year or two ago. He also helped me out with a buggy SCT device. Good dude. I'm using the ""aggressive"" tune on daily driving and it's really not all that aggressive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back