Blast from the Past

Tru-Blu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Can't believe it's been a year since I've been to the site <hangs head in shame>, and also can't believe the changes! Wow! Hope those of you that have been around as long (or in most cases longer) than I have are doing well with everything. Welcome to those have joined since I've been away, and sorry that I haven't been here to help and provide discussion.

I still have my LS - will probably do so until it drops. I love it that much. It is a high-maintenance car, but in the end, it really "fits" me in regard to what I want to be driving right now. I have done any more mods since actively posting here. At some point, I was gearing up to do a Magnaflow kit on it, but other things took priority (including buying a few more guitars).

Anyways, I'll try to get back in the swing of things and become a regular on the board again. May not post as much as did in the past (which was never a ton in the first place), but will definitely be here more often.

Stay "tuned,"

Tru

Last edited:
Its good to have the owner of one of the best looking LS's back on the board. Welcome back!

(including buying a few more guitars).

Nice. I have a couple. Just a standard Strat, a couple acoustics, and just bought a Kala SMHT solid mahogany tenor ukulele about a month ago. Haven't picked up a guitar since. Kinda fun learning a new instrument.

kala_ukulele_smht_8_copy.jpg

Awesome, Pete! Here's a list of my herd as it stands right now:

Fender 50th Anniversary Strat #1962 of 2500
Ibanez Prestige RG1420F w/ Dimarzio ToneZone and AirNorton pickups
Ibanez RG520 w/ Dimarzio Evolution pickups
Ibanez RG7620
Carvin SH575 w/ piezo and synth options
Carvin Bolt-V (currently in pieces being painted)
Carvin Cobalt C980T acoustic/electric
Carvin LB75 Claro Walnut bass
Takemine TC132SC nylon acoustic/electric

I'm currently debating on whether or not to pick up a Gretsch G5420T. The wife will just roll her eyes, shake her head, and say "I don't understand why you need more than one."

Hey Talbot, wish I could but the summer is pretty much booked up for me before it's even started. I've got to rebuild part of our deck to match the new extension I put on it last year that went around the new pool we put up. Then I have to relocate a 12x16 shed/garage to be ready for putting up an additional 2-car garage next year. I'm going back to school in the fall, so I'm also trying to get things ready for that. I may start framing in our basement to begin finishing it (after living in the house for 7 years), but that might be a long-shot. Kids' sports schedules, selling my motorcycle (possibly buying another one) and for work I'm moving 11,000 users from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange. That's really not even including whatever the wife has slotted for me that I'm not even aware of yet.

All things considered, I'm not looking forward to this summer as much as I normally would. :-(

You have been missed Tru. Glad to hear you're okay and and still have the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back