Battery connection/HID relay harness question

loomis22

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a positive and a negative connection in the engine bay ('02 V6 Base)? I know some cars that have batteries in the rear put connections up front. i tried google and searching here but didn't find what I was looking for; either that or I am just blind and didn't see the answer :shifty:. I got HIDs from v-leds and also got the relay wiring harnesses so I was looking for where to hook them up. Thanks.

I don't get error messages, just flicker. It has something to do with the voltage being sent through the normal harness. This is supposed to adjust it and stop the flicker. Whether it will work or not is another story, but what's ~$30 when it comes to perfection? If it works, great, if not oh well. How is that a car of this caliber has no battery connections up front but my grandparent's mid-90's PoS car does (semi-rhetorical question)?:confused:

The battery tap point is in the passenger wheel-well, behind the liner, and against the fire-wall.

KS

Is there a positive and a negative connection in the engine bay

well the negative one is the easiest to find because it every where, pretty much every bolt into the body is a ground point

behind the right passenger headlight is a fuse box, there is plenty of current there, and if i remember correctly, there is a junction bolt inside of it that is very easy to get power from just using a regular ring terminal. and its super easy to get to because its right out in the open under the hood

How is that a car of this caliber has no battery connections up front but my grandparent's mid-90's PoS car does (semi-rhetorical question)?:confused:

well for starters, the battery is in the trunk, there for any work you need to do to the car as an owner is in the trunk, including jump starting it.

anyone that would be doing any work to the car such as this should be able to get access to all of the other places if they want it done right.

unlike a POS car, a car of this caliber has to have great balance first and foremost, which just happens to be the strongest attribute of the LS, and one of the best places to start is to take the weight of the battery and remove it front and place it at the rear. this also helps with extending the like of the batter as it is no longer getting baked ever time you drive the car.

Battery Tap Point

Difficult to get to?
It's exactly equal to getting at the fuel filter except in the other front wheel well. Turn the steering wheel to put the tire so as to have clearance. The shield is held in place with small screws and plastic push pins. Should take all of five minutes. The connection point is very obvious.

KS

It's exactly equal to getting at the fuel filter except in the other front wheel well. Turn the steering wheel to put the tire so as to have clearance. The shield is held in place with small screws and plastic push pins. Should take all of five minutes. The connection point is very obvious.

KS

Much appreciated :).

Instead of using the battery connection in the wheel well, I'd recommend using the main positive lug on the fuse box. That's VERY easy to get to.
I looked at using the wheel well connection, but couldn't come up with a clean way to add a wire AND keep it weather tight.

hell the fuse box is big enough to even fit a couple of relays in, it where i put two for my HID's.

Instead of using the battery connection in the wheel well, I'd recommend using the main positive lug on the fuse box. That's VERY easy to get to.
I looked at using the wheel well connection, but couldn't come up with a clean way to add a wire AND keep it weather tight.

hell the fuse box is big enough to even fit a couple of relays in, it where i put two for my HID's.

Awesome, thanks guys, I need to do 2 as well so Its good to know that it will work from the fuse box.

I couldn't find the feed bolt you guys keep referencing. Where would it be in this pic?
20130505_201903.jpg

un bolt and remove the fuse box, inside of that plastic box, on the bottom, is the power terminal. (not just under the cover like replacing the fuse)

do you see where all of those other wires are going into it, that where your wire will also enter.

I took out the three bolts (two up top and one to the passenger side) and lifted the fuse box (as much as it would go). Are you saying it's under the whole box? Or are you saying it's inside the fuse box, under that first level where the fuses sit? I didn't separate the fuse box into two parts so maybe that's why I didn't see it? The fuse box has like four or five clips holding the two sections together. So unclip these and separate it?

"inside of that plastic box, on the bottom, is the power terminal."

ok, I get the message, sorry. I was just asking if I understood how and where. I'll try again tonight.

Members online

Back