Gen2 Silver Bullet race day April 27, 2013

Just going by your numbers. he's at 260 rwhp that's about 325 crank.
Another 20 at the wheels would put him at 350 crank

Also why us smaller better not trying to be a dick just want to learn more about tuning.

Bigger inj run into driveablitity problems. Also smaller injs at higher pressure spray a more mist. Larger ones at lower pressures kinda "droplet" fuel out. Plus more tune $$ to change from 24 to 30.

I'm under 260rwhp I bet. Had I known more about dyno tuning, I would have told my tuner to do a real tune on my car. He also pulled my car like ****. My graph doesn't even look like a dyno graph and it has this big tit in the middle of it.

The car needs more power plain and simple. I don't know how I am going to obtain that at this point. One thing I know I certainly want on this car is IMRC deletes. I think that is going to be one of my last big chances at substantial bolt-own power other than tuning refinements. UD pullies probably just because I don't have them done yet.

I'm under 260rwhp I bet. Had I known more about dyno tuning, I would have told my tuner to do a real tune on my car. He also pulled my car like ****. My graph doesn't even look like a dyno graph and it has this big tit in the middle of it.

The car needs more power plain and simple. I don't know how I am going to obtain that at this point. One thing I know I certainly want on this car is IMRC deletes. I think that is going to be one of my last big chances at substantial bolt-own power other than tuning refinements. UD pullies probably just because I don't have them done yet.

IMRC delets might give 3-4 HP.

I thought its been proven here that IMRC delete plates on a N/A 4v will kill low end power..wouldn't it fall on its face off the line even with a bigger converter?

IMRC delets might give 3-4 HP.

Well, that's no fun. :rolleyes:

Sounds like I need to do deletes, UD pullies, and a retune and hope for 270s. The stock fuel pump just needs to go for peace of mind before it craps the bed. I think the car may also be due for 8 new coils considering 7 are still original with 155,000 miles. I'd really like to know where my AF ratio is at. Oh well, maybe I'll get it out this fall if time and money permits and I can get a few more things in place with the car. I wouldn't mind an electric water pump, but I don't see that as being optimal for a street-driven car. Maybe I can find a low-drag unit. I suppose if I grab enough straws, I'll get there.

its been proven that if you run a high stall converter and tune correctly, the car will run fine.

I thought its been proven here that IMRC delete plates on a N/A 4v will kill low end power..wouldn't it fall on its face off the line even with a bigger converter?

I thought it has been proven (DLF's car) that is not the case and he almost trapped 105 mph. :confused: Pretty sure that is not an issue with a steep gear and aggressive stall with proper tuning.

Simply IMRC's open at like 3500. Nice converter flashes to 3600. Even with working IMRC's they are open at whack of throttle which will be 3600. Throw some 4.10's in the mix and all is good. Stock conv and 3.08's not so much. LOL

I thought it has been proven (DLF's car) that is not the case and he almost trapped 105 mph. :confused: Pretty sure that is not an issue with a steep gear and aggressive stall with proper tuning.

Ah i knew doug had a cobra intake in his but didn't know he deleted the IMRCs...so how are its street manners then with anything other than WOT?

Ah i knew doug had a cobra intake in his but didn't know he deleted the IMRCs...so how are its street manners then with anything other than WOT?

Probably like your IMRCs being stuck open all of the time. LOL Frank put it well in terms of WOT. It really doesn't become an issue AT ALL. My car under light throttle is right around a steady 3000 rpms. I can't imagine it is really that bad at all even under light throttle. If it is a little doggy down low, so be it. All cars are dogs until you put the throttle down. LOL If anything, a steep set of gears and a stall are going to diminish those effects. I thought I even remember Doug saying that he doesn't notice ANYTHING different under light throttle conditions.

Remember this? RPMS are always high. That is a good thing when talking about deletes. Gears diminish the amount of time you spend in the lower rpms because it shoves the car in the powerband beyond where deletes can have a negative effect. Like my signature says....

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=2037282578&postcount=1

I would not be the least bit apprehensive about doing the deletes. I see nothing negative about them with a gears and stall.

The only thing I could say at this point is that Frank ruined my wet dream in terms of rwhp gains from them LOL but at this point I'll take 4 rwhp at a time, here and there. It will all add up. Crap, I might even add a dragon throttle body to the mix. I'm at the "grasping for straws" stage I think.

When you put your intake on did you clean the heck out of the secondary intake valves? Even on my new 64K engine the sludge blocked off like half those ports! Could not believe that.

When you put your intake on did you clean the heck out of the secondary intake valves? Even on my new 64K engine the sludge blocked off like half those ports! Could not believe that.

To be honest, no. I didn't touch anything on the engine itself but I did clean the IMRCs and they were CAKED with crap. I don't think the ports on the engine were too bad. :confused: Once a person, like yourself, sees this up close and personal they will understand why I think that seafoam doesn't do a damn thing in terms of getting those things completely clean. It's IMPOSSIBLE unless you clean them by hand. So for anyone who wants to know about cleaning your IMRCs, you can't just run a can of that stuff and call it good. LOL

Kirk have you ever tried running your car with open exhaust at the track? have an exhaust shop weld in some cut outs somewhere close after the headers..not too expensive and worth a few hp in the upper RPMs maybe. Plus you can pop em off and raise some hell on the street when you desire :D

I need to start gettin serious with my car all of u n/a guys are way too close to my boosted times some r even faster its very impressive even if u don't think it is I always wished I ran mine at the track with everything but the s/c

quarterhorse or Tweecer.
i have a tweecer. did some live reading and datalogging in the SHO (obd1). that was cool. still working on reading the Mark.

I need to start gettin serious with my car all of u n/a guys are way too close to my boosted times some r even faster its very impressive even if u don't think it is I always wished I ran mine at the track with everything but the s/c

Do you have a Cobra intake? If not, you really need to ditch that stock manifold and you will be in the 12s without changing anything else. Seriously...

If I delete my imrc's should I not plug the holes or do need to buy the deletes for it also when u clean the intake ports in the heads is there any trick to not getting all the carbon and crap from not falling into the cylinder

Yeah, make sure the intake valves are CLOSED when you decrude them. Then I took heater hose and taped it inside my large shop vac nozzle to suck the crud up as you flatblade screwdriver it off the walls.

Members online

No members online now.
Back