Should I buy this 2006 LS?

captainkneecap

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Should I buy this 2006 LS? I found it for sale nearby it looks like it's in good shape but ill have to thoroughly check it out. Its maroon with tan leather no issues. Asking price is only 4000 and mileage is 180, 000 mostly highway commuting miles. Everything works but the issue is I want to have this car for at least a couple years and dont want to deal with any major problems. I will probably only put 15000 miles on it for the next couple years

....thats a lot of miles. Chances are the owner has handled the common issues, or they are waiting for the next owner. Do you have any idea what work the current owner has had done?

I had an 01 bought it with 150K and sold it with 180K. In that time I did a coolant res., valve cover gaskets, plugs, coils, and then the straw that broke this camels back, the trans. to be honest I would look for one with less miles. I got my 06 with 58K. I have 71K and just did coils. So far I am happy with it.

With that many miles, who knows what will break next. I would advise against buying it especially since you said you don't want to put in any major repairs. You could very easily end up with a few grand in repairs very soon. Too risky!

20130504_124946.jpg Well once i got more cash together my common sense kicked in and now I have a beautiful rust free 2003 LS V8 Sport, with only 71,000 miles. :cool:

20130504_124946.jpg

while the 03 may not look quite as good as the 06, having way under half the miles should require much less maintenance, and should be a much better choice

it was only 5700, it could use some paint work but its only noticeable up close so i'm not going to bother for now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back