PCV part info here

MooJohn

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I swapped out the PCV valve this weekend as part of regular maintenance. Since they frequently don't list parts for Continentals I thought I'd put part numbers here for others.

PCV valve: PCV1201DL
This seems to be an AutoZone-only part number. It's a metal valve and seems to be built as well or better than OEM. For $3 it's a no-brainer.

PCV gasket: Dorman "Help!" part number 42049
You can find this at any of the usual auto parts stores, also for $3.

The whole thing didn't take 2 minutes. The old stock gasket was very loose; the PCV could fall out of the opening with the slightest touch. Our cars aren't getting any younger so splurge on the $6 when you have the chance :D

Thanks for the info. I am about to tackle a lot of stuff to my Continental, it's at almost 100k miles.

It's on the valve cover closest to the firewall, on the driver's side. It's sticking out - you can't miss it.

FWIW we don't have a "true" PCV. These cars use a "calibrated orifice" that you can just clean with parts cleaner if you want. I figured for a few bucks it wouldn't hurt to go new, esp. since it needed a gasket at the same time. Now it's good for another decade.

Members online

No members online now.
Back