Low Coolant Message

vietnamvet

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I got the P1537 code fixed but another problem popped up.

Went to the car wash and while going through, the low coolant message appeared on the screen.

I drove home and still same message. Not sure where to start.

The coolant recover bottle is still full and the operating temperature is normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

x2 you should be able to remove bottle cap and see black floater in there chances are its stuck down or has failed

I considered that however, when the car runs for awhile you get the low coolant message.

If the thermostat is stuck closed would that also cause the message.

I don't see the bottle going up or down. The coolant stays in the cold mark area.

Not sure on this car but usually, when the car gets hot the level goes down and when the car gets cold it come back up.

Not sure at this point so open too suggestions.

Mine did that until I flushed the old nasty coolant when I bought it. Had to remove the coolant and then put it back in for the oil adaptor filter gasket repair and a little bit of crud got into the coolant. Now mine does it sometimes too.

If there is crap in there try flushing it with new fluid, it couldn't hurt!

I get the warning on both of mine occasionally. It's most irritating when it comes and goes, so I have to keep hitting reset.

Mine did that until I flushed the old nasty coolant when I bought it. Had to remove the coolant and then put it back in for the oil adaptor filter gasket repair and a little bit of crud got into the coolant. Now mine does it sometimes too.

If there is crap in there try flushing it with new fluid, it couldn't hurt!

+1. My parents were having the exact same problem out of their '96 LSC until they flushed the coolant. That was a year or more ago, and they haven't had the "low coolant" message come on since, as far as I know.

Mine pops up once a month in the colder months and once every 2-3 months when warm out.

I don't think it has anything to do with my leaky radiator.

Members online

No members online now.
Back