40 mpg in 04 V8. What are you getting out of yours?

Nice pods G, Nice wig Robot!

... meanwhile back at the funny farm,
1NastyLS stop bullsh*tting a bullsh*tter.
It's not going to happen, we were born at night but not last night.

Actually to the OP, your cold air intake is really just screwing up your tune. You should never, ever, ever mount your MAF sensor differently vs. the OEM package without a custom tune. Using a different diameter tubing or even having an excessive bend before the sensor will cause the airflow through the pipe to be different vs. the factory expected setup. On my old '93 Mustang with the Paxton I could rotate the MAF housing in the duct work and see the A/F curve change on my A/F meter.

Here's a pic of my CAI. All I wanted to do was get rid of the leaking baffle pipe.

DSC01426.jpg

And I'm with the other guys, until you do an actual mileage check fill up to fill up and miles / gallons of fuel, you have no idea what mileage you are getting.

The MAF only goes in one way. The opening in the sensor needs to be facing the incoming air stream. Facing any other direction will cause a wrong reading.

The MAF only goes in one way. The opening in the sensor needs to be facing the incoming air stream. Facing any other direction will cause a wrong reading.

Chucklehead has his screwed into a 3" piece of schedule 40 PVC and wonders why his mileage is less than with the stock stuff...

On my old '93 Mustang with the Paxton I could rotate the MAF housing in the duct work and see the A/F curve change on my A/F meter.

Really. Did the O2 sensors not compensate for the change? If this is the case, this would explain how this fellow is getting the mileage he claims although I would think that the computer would either eventually compensate for running super lean or would throw a code. I would also be interested in seeing the condition of his spark plugs if he's been running super lean and would wonder if he has a lot of knock on acceleration.

No idea if the Lincolns have it or not (someone with the SCT tuning software would need to answer that), but on my Silverado I have the option of setting up a lean cruise mode that would increase mileage. It's illegal to run in the US as it increases NOX emissions, but it's not illegal in Australia where they do run lean cruise. I may play with it later but not until I have the tune perfect.

Around 2,000 miles since reset...with a fipk...also mostly city driving(70/30)

CAM00287.jpg

CAM00286.jpg

:/

OK, so this is the bf, to the guy with the "c.a.I", that's not a cold air intake, that's a stock air box with a solid elbow. I have been the one so far to make a true c.a.I. to the one that asked me about the dimensions, I'm working on the patent first before I give out dimensions, don't need anyone stealing my idea :D

And done better.... a how to thread is on here somewhere

So are we done saying we get 40 mpg... or are you still working on it?

I'm talking about having the filter down in the wheel well pulling actual cold air, not the"under the hood, in the engine compartment, pulling hot air" intake

Not saying that. I'm saying that not all cars are the same, some get better gas mileage than others. Next time I go to Vegas, I'll take that video and put it on here. You people get so negative

Not saying that. I'm saying that not all cars are the same, some get better gas mileage than others. Next time I go to Vegas, I'll take that video and put it on here. You people get so negative

What do you mean, "you people?!" Lol

so wait a minute, i can go down and drop $10 at home depot and get better gas millage than a focus?

dang, somebody should tell all the companys with a fleet of F150s, just imagine how much money they would save if they had 40+ mpg trucks...

so wait a minute, i can go down and drop $10 at home depot and get better gas millage than a focus?

dang, somebody should tell all the companys with a fleet of F150s, just imagine how much money they would save if they had 40+ mpg trucks...

The F series trucks already have a cold air intake from the factory. It runs into the wheel well and pulls air into the engine bay. Still get terrible mileage.

Members online

Back